Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Manage Models tab

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 27, 2012
    Posts
    534
    Current Local Time
    02:52 AM

    Manage Models tab

    I looking to publish my model to A360 (through c4r) but for some reason my manage model tab isnt showing anymore?

    anyone know why this is?

  2. #2
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,034
    Current Local Time
    06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_h View Post
    I looking to publish my model to A360 (through c4r) but for some reason my manage model tab isnt showing anymore?

    anyone know why this is?
    you need to "initiate" (upload) your model to the cloud first using the Collaborate tab on the Manage Collaboration ribbon. Then the Manage Cloud models tab will become available

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 27, 2012
    Posts
    534
    Current Local Time
    02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    you need to "initiate" (upload) your model to the cloud first using the Collaborate tab on the Manage Collaboration ribbon. Then the Manage Cloud models tab will become available
    thats the strange thing, it is already in the cloud.. it is syncing to A360://...........etc. its been on for a week or so, the manage models/publish option was there im sure.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,034
    Current Local Time
    06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_h View Post
    thats the strange thing, it is already in the cloud.. it is syncing to A360://...........etc. its been on for a week or so, the manage models/publish option was there im sure.
    it could be in the cloud but are YOU in the cloud. Did you open the project using the BIM360 button in the Open dialog on the left??

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 27, 2012
    Posts
    534
    Current Local Time
    02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    it could be in the cloud but are YOU in the cloud. Did you open the project using the BIM360 button in the Open dialog on the left??
    Indeed I did. I'm going to see if it is the same from my laptop at home


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,034
    Current Local Time
    06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_h View Post
    Indeed I did. I'm going to see if it is the same from my laptop at home

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OK, to clarify, the Manage Cloud Models button is not there on the Manage Models ribbon panel as in missing? Or, is it there but greyed out?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 27, 2012
    Posts
    534
    Current Local Time
    02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    OK, to clarify, the Manage Cloud Models button is not there on the Manage Models ribbon panel as in missing? Or, is it there but greyed out?
    I go to collaborate tab. And manage models is not there. (Using revit 2015)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,034
    Current Local Time
    06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_h View Post
    I go to collaborate tab. And manage models is not there. (Using revit 2015)

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no clue?? I'm still confused. There is a Manage Models Ribbon panel and on that ribbon panel there are four ribbon tabs, Show History, Restore Backup, Manage Cloud Models, and Publish Settings. This when one is in BIM360 via C4R. What is missing, the whole ribbon panel or just the Manage Cloud Models ribbon tab? If you are not in BIM360 the only buttons available on the Collaborate tab, Manage Models ribbon are Show History and Restore Backup. Where are you and what's missing?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 27, 2012
    Posts
    534
    Current Local Time
    02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    no clue?? I'm still confused. There is a Manage Models Ribbon panel and on that ribbon panel there are four ribbon tabs, Show History, Restore Backup, Manage Cloud Models, and Publish Settings. This when one is in BIM360 via C4R. What is missing, the whole ribbon panel or just the Manage Cloud Models ribbon tab? If you are not in BIM360 the only buttons available on the Collaborate tab, Manage Models ribbon are Show History and Restore Backup. Where are you and what's missing?
    Yes the manage models panel. Under the manage tab on the ribbon is not there. But just got home and loaded it on my laptop and it's there hmmm


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,034
    Current Local Time
    06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_h View Post
    Yes the manage models panel. Under the manage tab on the ribbon is not there. But just got home and loaded it on my laptop and it's there hmmm


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have no clue why that would be. I think that you need to reformat your hard drive then go to a local bar and have a couple (just kidding, about the reformat anyway)
    Last edited by Dave Jones; May 30th, 2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. C4R Manage Cloud Models error in 2016 only?
    By tzframpton in forum Worksharing, Revit Server & C4R
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2016, 03:57 PM
  2. Manage Cloud Models not working??
    By Dave Jones in forum Worksharing, Revit Server & C4R
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 1st, 2016, 05:56 PM
  3. Manage Links & Manage Worksets
    By cmille10 in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 25th, 2014, 10:20 AM
  4. Revit 2013 models in Naviworks 2014 Simulate\Manage
    By jcampbell in forum Coordination Tools
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 18th, 2014, 12:13 AM
  5. Manage documents (PLM) for AEC
    By PepaR in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 20th, 2011, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •