Maybe this is well known, but I just stumbled across this:
Let's say you have a few walls which need to be dimensioned on equal distances Face to Face. This would be the workflow for me:
1. Dimension Core to Core and put equality constraint
2. Delete the dimension but keep the constraint. (a major reason to work with Work- and Plotviews btw)
3. Redimension on Wall Face.
This kind of gets complicated when walls have different thicknesses. Then you need to due the math manually and lock the dimensions.
Today I stumbled across an alternative which is going to save me a LOT of time!
1. Dimension Core to Core and put in EC.
2. Select the dimension line and choose Edit Witness Line
3. Set the Witness Lines to the Wall Faces
4. To my great surprise, the EQ returned! You now have an equality constraint on the distance between the wall faces. And a surprisingly redundant one. I stretched, changed Wall thickness and all. But I wasn't able to break the constraint.
I put some printscreens with this post. Hope it helps you as it will me.