Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 3000 USD, Received: 1207 USD (40%)

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Title Blocks with Assigned Revision Schedule

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    August 28, 2014
    Posts
    24
    Current Local Time
    01:18 PM

    Title Blocks with Assigned Revision Schedule

    I'm not sure if this can be done but maybe I'm missing something

    So, as a company we have our standard title block family where all the various sizes are in the one family with parameters assigned so that we can load them into our drawings individually - see image

    With that being said, I want to update our title blocks so that we can assign a revision schedule to each drawing sheet, thus when in our drawings we can use the revision tool effectively.

    However; because all of our title blocks are in the same family, all the revisions come through for each sheet size when revising our drawings.

    Hopefully you know what I mean, so I'm just wondering whether there is a way to assign each revision schedule to each drawing sheet so that they don't all come through at once.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    June 13, 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    232
    Current Local Time
    06:18 AM
    What you do is you create a revision schedule within your titleblock family and place it on the sheet. This way if you put a revision tag anywhere on that sheet or in any of the drawings on that sheet it will show up in the schedule. This way only the applicable revisions show up on each sheet rather than all of them.

    You can use the same revision schedule for each sheet because the schedule only inserts the revision on that sheet and not all of them.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    August 28, 2014
    Posts
    24
    Current Local Time
    01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dtp81390 View Post
    What you do is you create a revision schedule within your titleblock family and place it on the sheet. This way if you put a revision tag anywhere on that sheet or in any of the drawings on that sheet it will show up in the schedule. This way only the applicable revisions show up on each sheet rather than all of them.

    You can use the same revision schedule for each sheet because the schedule only inserts the revision on that sheet and not all of them.
    Thanks for your reply!

    This is what I have been doing; but it seems to bring through all the revisions from all the sheets.

    Example; I'll load in an A1 drawing sheet, then when I add a revision I will see the revision in the normal position on the A1 sheet but also other random copies of that revision for the other drawing sheet sizes.

    I'm wondering whether I have to assign each revision schedule to each drawing sheet some how using parameters. Hmm...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    June 13, 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    232
    Current Local Time
    06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BigIdiot View Post
    Thanks for your reply!

    This is what I have been doing; but it seems to bring through all the revisions from all the sheets.

    Example; I'll load in an A1 drawing sheet, then when I add a revision I will see the revision in the normal position on the A1 sheet but also other random copies of that revision for the other drawing sheet sizes.

    I'm wondering whether I have to assign each revision schedule to each drawing sheet some how using parameters. Hmm...
    It is not in the titleblock it is in the revisions dialog. On the right hand side there are radio buttons for By Project or By Sheet. You want your revisions to show up by sheet so only the ones on the sheet show up. By project means that all of them will show.

    Title Blocks with Assigned Revision Schedule-capture.jpg

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    August 28, 2014
    Posts
    24
    Current Local Time
    01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dtp81390 View Post
    It is not in the titleblock it is in the revisions dialog. On the right hand side there are radio buttons for By Project or By Sheet. You want your revisions to show up by sheet so only the ones on the sheet show up. By project means that all of them will show.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	20426
    Sorry for the late reply...I've not had chance to progress this further recently.

    To your answer, I always do show my revisions by sheet. See the attached for what I mean.

    As you can see; circled red, the revision schedules I created in my drawing sheets come through for all the drawing sheets. (in this case you can see A1 portrait, as well as A1 landscape which is the only one I want to show).

    Thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Title Blocks with Assigned Revision Schedule-2.png  

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    June 13, 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    232
    Current Local Time
    06:18 AM
    The image is to small to read or see what is going on.

    It may be because of the fact that it is all the same family, I have never done it this way, every company that I have worked for has had a separate family for each titleblock.
    Last edited by dtp81390; January 27th, 2015 at 01:25 PM.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    August 28, 2014
    Posts
    24
    Current Local Time
    01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dtp81390 View Post
    The image is to small to read or see what is going on.

    It may be because of the fact that it is all the same family, I have never done it this way, every company that I have worked for has had a separate family for each titleblock.
    Likewise;

    This is the first company that I've come to with all title blocks in the same family...maybe ill have to separate them!

    Cheers for your help.

  8. #8
    The Moderator with No Imagination MPwuzhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Location
    Coeur d Alene, ID
    Posts
    4,697
    Current Local Time
    05:18 AM
    I never understood why people try to make a titleblock be parametric....just because you can try, does not mean you should. There are lots of threads on here where people have tried and failed. Mainly because of the constraints of text and the revision schedules.

  9. #9
    Member aperte's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9, 2011
    Posts
    62
    Current Local Time
    05:18 AM
    Yeah, Revision Schedules do not seem to allow visibility parameters to control being shown, so once it's triggered on a sheet, it stands to reason that they'd appear in the appropriate position for each of the various sizes in your family (graphics of the other sizes are shown by a Type visibility parameter, which can't be applied to the Rev Schedule).

    I've been trying to work out an alternate Revision Schedule that would allow for a separate submittal to number as 1, 2, etc., and hide the standard one, hence discovering the lack of visibility control).

Similar Threads

  1. Do you have something to say about Title Blocks and Revisions In Revit
    By marcello in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: August 6th, 2013, 09:25 PM
  2. Sheet Title Blocks, Help Please..
    By denesecouch in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 30th, 2013, 04:03 PM
  3. Title Blocks
    By summer_1 in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM
  4. Title Blocks in Potrait
    By domsib in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 17th, 2012, 01:13 PM
  5. Title Blocks Create 2 stamps
    By Leon327 in forum Architecture - Family Creation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 30th, 2011, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •