X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erdem01
    • November 21, 2017

Nestled family does not control the visibility

Dear forum members,

Hope you guys have an solution for this.
    I'm struggling with the visibility parameters. I have 1 host family with an nestled family in it.

The nestled family controls 4 object (visibility on/off depending on length)
    The host family controls the nestled family (simple yes/no checkbox parameter)

When i use the "preview visibility mode" in my host family, everything works fine. Depending on length (1572 / 2072 / 2572 / 3072mm ) and length different then those 4, the nestled family keeps invisible.

But when i use the host family in an project, the nestled family visibility parameters doesn't work. I added my project file, sample project and host family in it. Maybe you guys see the problem.

Thanks for the help.

( out of the box question, can i make an z justification parameter fixed to origin? thanks )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Erdem01; January 19, 2018, 01:39 PM.
  • GMcDowellJr
    Forum Addict
    • December 21, 2010
    • Phoenix, AZ

I don’t have an answer... just wanted to say I love calling them nestled... sounds so comfy in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

• Erdem01
      • November 21, 2017

Originally posted by Erdem01
      Dear forum members,

Hope you guys have an solution for this.
      I'm struggling with the visibility parameters. I have 1 host family with an nestled family in it.

The nestled family controls 4 object (visibility on/off depending on length)
      The host family controls the nestled family (simple yes/no checkbox parameter)

When i use the "preview visibility mode" in my host family, everything works fine. Depending on length (1572 / 2072 / 2572 / 3072mm ) and length different then those 4, the nestled family keeps invisible.

But when i use the host family in an project, the nestled family visibility parameters doesn't work. I added my project file, sample project and host family in it. Maybe you guys see the problem.

Thanks for the help.

( out of the box question, can i make an z justification parameter fixed to origin? thanks )
      Can anyone help me out with this? Only 1 member checked the family

Comment

• flayre
        • May 4, 2011

I don't think you can have the nested family reevaluate the visibility parameter dynamically like that. Instead, put your visibility formula at the parent family level and then link the 4 visibility parameters together.

L.A. Ligger:
        DB_157 -> Formula: Length = 1572mm
        DB_207 -> Formula: Length = 2072mm
        DB_257 -> Formula: Length = 2572mm
        DB_307 -> Formula: Length = 3072

In the DB ligger totaal.rfa,
        remove all the formulas. Load back into LA Ligger.

Select the instance, and tie the 4 visibility parameters together.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Erdem01
          • November 21, 2017

Originally posted by flayre
          I don't think you can have the nested family reevaluate the visibility parameter dynamically like that. Instead, put your visibility formula at the parent family level and then link the 4 visibility parameters together.

L.A. Ligger:
          DB_157 -> Formula: Length = 1572mm
          DB_207 -> Formula: Length = 2072mm
          DB_257 -> Formula: Length = 2572mm
          DB_307 -> Formula: Length = 3072

In the DB ligger totaal.rfa,
          remove all the formulas. Load back into LA Ligger.

Select the instance, and tie the 4 visibility parameters together.
          Thanks a lot!!
          I assumed that you can not control two visibility parameters for the same family, but you linked one visibility parameter. Stupid me. :banghead:

I appreciate it :thumbsup:

Comment