X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eng.N.3D.All
    • October 28, 2013

Toposurface & Model In Place

Hi all,
    I wonder if we could cut the Toposurface in revit by mass and if it is possible ,how to do that?
    the main idea ,that I want to know the exact volume of fill material for spiral road with side slope as shown in the attached image with taking into consideration the natural ground level.
    I already conducted the Toposurface and the spiral road by using Model In Place ,I tried to use the cut geometry command but failed.
    could we convert the Toposurface into mass?

Attached Files
  • Eng.N.3D.All
    • October 28, 2013

Replies: 0 Views: 69 ?!!!!
    is it too much difficult?

Comment

• Andres Franco
      Forum Addict
      • June 21, 2012
      • Rennes, France

Hi Eng.N.3D.All, Why you don't cut your toposurface with a building pad? and then you can add a slope to your pad to get the road!, or maybe you can split your toposurface into 2 distinct surfaces with the split tool and then edit those surfaces independently or multiple times.

if you want to know the exact volume of fill material for spiral road you can use the cut and fill tool to know the volumes on a site to aid-in determining the volume of landscape modification.

Last edited by Andres Franco; January 6, 2017, 10:21 AM.
      Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
      Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
      "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
      E.A Poe

Comment

• Eng.N.3D.All
        • October 28, 2013

Hi Andres and thanks for your reply ,
        in my opinion cutting the toposurface with a building pad and split tool also will not solve the issue , because of the situation of this road ,in other way let consider that the project is to find out the volume of the upper portion of cone which intersection with toposurface plane the upper limit is the side surface of this cone and the lower limit is the cutting area from the toposurface N.G.L.
        So we couldn't define the Joint separation line between the cone and toposurface that mean cut and fill tool it will not cover it.
        Last edited by Eng.N.3D.All; January 6, 2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Eng.N.3D.All
          • October 28, 2013

like attachment.
          Attached Files

Comment

• snowyweston
            Super Moderator
            • December 21, 2010
            • C.LONDON

Originally posted by Eng.N.3D.All
            I want to know the exact volume of fill material for spiral road with side slope as shown in the attached image with taking into consideration the natural ground level.
            You will never know the 'exact' volume, only ever an approximation - and to what accuracy depends on what tolerances are actually required.

The new-made 'ground' under the proposed road will never just be dumped on top of what's already there (the existing, as mapped in that topo.) - as there will always be works that clear and shore the bedding first.

And yes I am (deliberately) avoiding the digital question.

Comment