X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • piper76
    • June 25, 2016

Weird problem exporting to PDF

Hi everybody!

I’ve recently installed Revit 2017 and since then I’m having a very particular problem. Whenever I export to PDF the first time it works perfectly, but the second time it freezes somehow (you can see this in the JPG I’ve uploaded here).

It only resolves by restarting the program, which is quite a drag when I have to export several plans to PDF.

Is this a common RV 2017 issue?

Thanks a lot Click image for larger version

Name:	Revit.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	414628
  • piper76
    • June 25, 2016

I have a little update, the third time I try to do this the task bar doesn't evean load.

Of course the first time I try to export to PDF everything goes well, super weird.

Comment

• willsud
      Forum Addict
      • December 13, 2010
      • Ambleside, Lake District, UK

Looks a bit like a problem I had and was pointed to this thread - a Windows Update problem - although it seems to have been fixed recently:
      William Sutherland rias riba
      WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

• piper76
        • June 25, 2016

Originally posted by willsud
        Looks a bit like a problem I had and was pointed to this thread - a Windows Update problem - although it seems to have been fixed recently:
        http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...specified.html
        Hi Will, thanks for your quick reply!

Thing is I'm currently working with Windows 8.1 and this seems to be Windows 10 issue. Another difference is that I don't get any pop-up error, it just freezes-out.

Comment

• Dave Jones
          "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
          • December 7, 2010
          • Wake Forest, NC USA

Originally posted by piper76
          Hi Will, thanks for your quick reply!

Thing is I'm currently working with Windows 8.1 and this seems to be Windows 10 issue. Another difference is that I don't get any pop-up error, it just freezes-out.
          IIRC it was actually a problem for Win7, the Win 8s, and the Win 10s, all of which had different updates to fix the issue. I know that I had the problem here on Win7
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

• jsnyder
            • December 9, 2010
            • Rain City

My understanding is that it affected most supported version of Windows. We are still running Windows 7 and we had to uninstall that update to print properly again. Try doing a little more googling to find the offending update for your version.
            Last edited by jsnyder; October 4, 2016, 06:19 PM. Reason: Dave is quick.

Comment

• piper76
              • June 25, 2016

Originally posted by jsnyder
              My understanding is that it affected most supported version of Windows. We are still running Windows 7 and we had to uninstall that update to print properly again. Try doing a little more googling to find the offending update for your version.
              Thanks Jsnyder! I'll also search by myself a little bit. If I see that something works I'll let you know!

Comment

• piper76
                • June 25, 2016

I've just installed all of the updates suggested by windows (well, by windows update) and it did nothing.

Quite weird

Comment

• Dave Jones
                  "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
                  • December 7, 2010
                  • Wake Forest, NC USA

Originally posted by piper76
                  I've just installed all of the updates suggested by windows (well, by windows update) and it did nothing.

Quite weird
                  find the number of the culprit update and uninstall it. That's what I did until MS got around to issuing a fix
                  I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

• piper76
                    • June 25, 2016

Thanks Dave! What's MS and how do you think I could find out which update is screwing me up?

Comment