X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TeresaS
    • December 21, 2010

Plotting in Revit

Hello,

I just started using revit; and I have a (big) problem. The project is almost finished, and I want to plot it.
    First I wanted to export it to DWG, and plot it with autocad. BUT ALL THE COLORS CHANGE.
    The Layers are not really a problem, but also the colors of regions I made are changed. I lose a lot of time by changing them again!

Then I installed PDF creator, so I can make a PDF in Revit. But there is a problem with the scale.
    Everything needs to be scale 1:50 but how??

Hope someone can help me! Running out of time..

Thanks a lot!
  • Munkholm
    Administrator
    • December 7, 2010
    • Kingdom of Denmark

Welcome to the Forum TeresaS.

If all your views are set to 1:50, and placed on sheets - All you need to do is to pick "Scale = 100%" when printing... If that´s not the case, please provide some more info :beer:

Edit: You should also read this thread
    Last edited by Munkholm; December 21, 2010, 03:36 PM.
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

• Alex Cunningham
      "RFO 2012 Spelling Bee Champion"
      • December 8, 2010
      • Northern California

Munkholm is correct. Plotting from Revit is much more simple compaird to AutoCAD. Simply verify your plot scale (bottom left corner of your drafting space) then drag and drop that view onto a sheet.

In the plotting window click Setup then under the Zoom section make sure it is set to 100% This setting will ensure that your drawing will print at 1:50.

When plotting the PDF make sure that your settings do not scale the drawing.
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

• TeresaS
        • December 21, 2010

Hii, Ok; problem is almost solved. I'm just but in trouble with the paper placement. Format is A1, and the drawing needs to be in the left corner (above), because I wanna insert a picture (hope this is possible?) and make a textbox for name,...

Comment

• lucis29
          • December 12, 2010
          • New York

It's easier to create a titleblock with the name, project name...etc. as labels.
          Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment

• Alex Cunningham
            "RFO 2012 Spelling Bee Champion"
            • December 8, 2010
            • Northern California

Originally posted by TeresaS
            Hii, Ok; problem is almost solved. I'm just but in trouble with the paper placement. Format is A1, and the drawing needs to be in the left corner (above), because I wanna insert a picture (hope this is possible?) and make a textbox for name,...
            in the print setup in revit (the same windows where you set your scale and paper size) there is a paper placement. do some trial and error to get the document to offset where you want it.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment