Thread: Family Shared Parameter "Group Parameter Under" in a Project

Current Local Time
    08:16 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Family Shared Parameter "Group Parameter Under" in a Project

Ok so I have a family that is full of shared parameters. When it was originally setup the parameters there placed in random "Group Parameter Under:" Categories and now we are organizing the families and would like to change were the Parameter is Grouped. However, even though it looks good in the family when we load it into an existing project the parameters all relocated to there old Groups.

I do know already that we can work around this by adding equivalent project parameters and assigning them to the desired group and that will over "fix" it. However that is not a practical solution to have to add 20 to 30 project parameters to every single existing project we are working on and to the new project template just so that they sort correctly.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this BUG???

Attachment 9155
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project.png   Family.png  

Current Local Time
    06:16 PM

looks like API is the (only?) solution if you do not want to manually over "fix" it.

Current Local Time
    03:16 AM

the only solution I see is to find a previous template that was not touched by this family. I also had this problem and from that point I learned to only import organized family. Also to make backup of the clean templates. You can also try to modify your family to create another similar parameters with another GUI and replace the jumping parameters. Before you load it in the template make sure the new parameters are well organized.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gaby424 View Post
    the only solution I see is to find a previous template that was not touched by this family. I also had this problem and from that point I learned to only import organized family. Also to make backup of the clean templates. You can also try to modify your family to create another similar parameters with another GUI and replace the jumping parameters. Before you load it in the template make sure the new parameters are well organized.
    When you say template what are you referencing? The family template or project template? If you are referencing project template how would this help existing projects, because that is my biggest concern now.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ning Zhou View Post
    looks like API is the (only?) solution if you do not want to manually over "fix" it.
    What is it that I am changing in the API to solve this? Where is the issue in the family, in the project???

Current Local Time

project temaplate.
    for existing projects maybe you can test that idea to replace in the family the parameters with similar ones that have another GUI. And in one project you upgrade the schedules to work with the new version of those parameters and then you copy paste the new schedules (by selecting them in the project browser and ctrl+c) to all the existing projects where you still work.

Current Local Time

I also remembered a situation from the past that's good to be aware of.
    I had a family with some shared parameters and a custom tag for it( or something like that ... don't remember well) The family have different grouping of the parameters than the tag has. In my clean project template I loaded the tag first by mistake so the template was locked to the grouping defined in that tag. I observed that behavior so I revised the loading order procedure(family first because the it's grouping was the way I want it)

Current Local Time
    06:16 PM

project.

i misunderstood your question, maybe it cannot be done through API, see below link:

The Building Coder: Shared Type Parameter