X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billbe
    • December 6, 2011
    • SC

Questions about adding "lines" to a work frame model

I am a new user of ASD 2011 version. I have a building frame model which I designed using STAAD Pro.
    The model has 4 floors framed with large openings in the floors and openings for stairs. The Work Frame Buttion only allows me to put the outside beams to the outside columns Workframe icon has elements that are 4 sub buttons to make changes to a work frame; add node, delete node, add line, and delete line.

I can't figure out how to add a node to a beam wire. The way it is set up on the command line makes no sense. Addig lines is not too hard to figure out, but adding nodes is hard. If you know how to do this please reply with a detailed explnation.

Thanks for helping!
    Billbe
  • lucis29
    • December 12, 2010
    • New York

Please post some screen shots. I'm not very sure what you need exactly.

You can draw some lines like in a normal 3D Cad and transform them in axis. Also you can change how the beams are placed. I'll try a quick explanation.
    1) Click "Profile"
    2) Load the profile you need
    3) In the profile's picture you have some points. Drag the schematic Cross-section such that the application point is where you want.
    4) Choose the 2 points for the ends of the profile.

Please post some pictures, and if I you can't understand my explanation, I'll make a short movie.

Lucian.
    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment

• billbe
      • December 6, 2011
      • SC

Hello Lucis29, Thanks for your reply. I don't know how to use skype. Please send me your email and I'ii send the aurocad wire frame drawing by email; a Acad .dwg file or a dxf. If youdon't use AutoCad, I send a picture.
      My email is [email protected].
      Thanks for your help.
      Billbe

Comment

• lucis29
        • December 12, 2010
        • New York

Maybe some pictures with what you want to realize will help others too. Sent you my email.

Comment

• lucis29
          • December 12, 2010
          • New York

Hi
          I've made you a video:

Workframe - lucis29's library

As you can see in the movie, there are some "buttons" that transforms ordinary lines into Workframe axes. Near that button there is another one that makes the same thing with nodes.
          But there is no need to make a new axis for every element. Just draw some dumb AutoCad lines (preferably on a non-printable layer) and use them as a support for your profiles.

Lucian.

Comment

• billbe
            • December 6, 2011
            • SC

Hello lucis29,
            Thanks for your help! Now I know how to get my model "work frame" in to ASD. Your vidio helped a lot.
            billbe

Comment