Thread: Cobie & Revit FAB Parts

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    01:04 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cobie & Revit FAB Parts

Good Evening, we are going a job and using fab parts in revit, but the job also requires the use of cobie - is there anyway of adding the parameters to fab parts?

Cheers

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    12:04 PM

hello
    i don't know how cobe works but i'm interested by the topic because one day may be i'll need to create some
    but on few searches i realised i found this "you can remove structural elements, piping, ductwork, and many other elements. The rule of thumb for COBie should be, only export products and equipment that appear on drawing schedules." https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-mistakes.html
    if pipes and duct, so fab parts, can't be (theorically) in cobie spreadsheet why do you want to do it? what is the purpose of cobie-ing that kind of objects
    Phil – COBie dummy

3.    #3
    Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by philsogood View Post
    hello
    i don't know how cobe works but i'm interested by the topic because one day may be i'll need to create some
    but on few searches i realised i found this "you can remove structural elements, piping, ductwork, and many other elements. The rule of thumb for COBie should be, only export products and equipment that appear on drawing schedules." https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-mistakes.html
    if pipes and duct, so fab parts, can't be (theorically) in cobie spreadsheet why do you want to do it? what is the purpose of cobie-ing that kind of objects
    Phil – COBie dummy
    Cobie is client driven and is a data base for assets in simple terms. But the company we are working with are wanting to use fab parts. The only work around I have found is to use a mix of both fab parts for pipe and duct and proper revit families for grilles and valves etc.. then they can be added to the cobie data.

But this will be a slow procedure as I believe you can’t just insert a valve into a fab pipe or insert a revit damper into a fab duct. I may be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.    #4
    Current Local Time

The cobie parameters can be added as project parameters which picks up fab parts. Not sure why it wasn’t doing this in the first place, should of checked DOH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk