Thread: Batch Export Schedules

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    08:42 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Batch Export Schedules

***EDIT***
    Thread Title should be "Batch Export Schedules"

Does anyone do batch excel exports of their Revit schedules?

I tried BimOne's app, but their excel export only exports .xls format. I could work with this but would rather have a system that uses Revit's native data export format, which is .csv.

Background:
    I have a project-wide schedule for a particular subcategory of elements which I export as .csv, which I then import into Excel via Excel's Data tab, Get Data. The schedule is already sorted by four parameters but the PM wants it sorted by a fifth parameter (level). So I added a level filter to exclude all elements except those on level 1. Duplicated 10 times and adjusted the level filter's value for each. But now I have to create 11 separate .csv files. Every time the PM wants the current Bill of Material, I have to open all 11 schedules and export each manually.

Checked Google, no dice.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by DaveP; October 10th, 2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: mod: fixed the title

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    10:42 PM

If you look in the complements tab in Revit there is DB Link. Have you tried the DB link?

3.    #3
    Current Local Time
    08:42 AM

Our office developed a pretty simple Dynamo script that asks where to save the CSVs and for criteria to filter which schedules are exported.

I don't understand why you are doing what you are doing, though. The way I would set up is one schedule in RVT that exports to one CSV. The final Excel sheet would have one 'presentation' sheet and one 'export from Revit' sheet where the CSV data is imported/reloaded. The presentation sheet reads from the export sheet to show the data however you want it to. It takes time to write the formulas to pull what you want from the export sheet, but it ends up being much more flexible.

4.    #4
    Current Local Time
    07:42 AM

There are two data challenges here:
    1. Exporting all of the BOM content at once. A Revit multi-category schedule, for example, excludes all system families which, are kinda' important for a BOM
    2. Identifying the Level property of each, since they are organized differently across various data categories (Wall level is different than equipment level, for example).

This is how we manage that challenge, in case you are interested: https://ideatesoftware.com/support/h...uality-takeoff

Best Regards,
    Glynnis Patterson
    www.ideatesoftware.com