Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 2500 USD, Received: 2174 USD (87%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with a Conditional Formula!

1.    #1
    Current Local Time
    04:50 PM

Need help with a Conditional Formula!

Hi everyone, my name is Freddy and I need some assistance in order to make work a conditional formula that is driving me crazy.

Here's the thing:

I have 3 types of Useful Areas:

Useful Internal Area (UIA)= All internal rooms within the units. Its coeficient is = 1 (means that computes 100% of its own value).

Useful External Semi-Covered Area (UESA)= Basically assigned to terraces with a roof but no walls enclosing it. Its coeficient is = 0.5 (means that computes 50% of its own value.

Useful External Undercovered Area (UEUA)= Basically Assigned to Patios. Its coeficient is = 0 (means that this area doesn't compute to what I am about to explain).

Having this 3 types in mind I have created parameters of coeficients (One for the internal and one for the externals), and assigned coeficients depending on if they are internal (UIA) or external and in case of being external (both UESA & UEUA).

Once I get the 3 types I fixed up a schedule and placed all three columns, filtering and sorting out levels and by name of unit.

The next step will be to determine what we call here "Protected area", and in order to do so, I'll have to keep this in mind:

If the 50% of (UESA + UEUA) is greater than the 10% of UIA, then my Protected Area shall be the result of= UIA + 10% of UIA

If the 50% of (UESA + UEUA) is less than the 10% of UIA, then my Protected Area shall be the result of: UIA + 50% of (UESA + UEUA).

Ok, so far so good with the logics but...

When I get to pass this into Revit, this is the formula I'm using without any luck so far...

I'm posting Some pics of what I've been building down below. You'll be able to see here the big formula I've created for Protected Area and the others I used to build the components of this formula.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	37367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	37368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	37369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	37370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	37371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	37372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	37373

Anyway... I don't know whay but the only result I get is a Column that repits the UIA as they stand... I mean, no calculation whatsoever...

I've been trying really hard but I don't know where or how I am failing here...

I'd appreciate any help you guys can provide me...

Thanks in advance.

P.S. If you need me to provide you with any other picture or data/parameter from the model, just let me know.

2.    #2
    Current Local Time
    10:50 AM
    Could you post a sample file?

3.    #3
    Current Local Time
    09:50 AM
    My first instinct would be to remove the parenthesis () that you have placed in the field names themselves. I know what your after here of having them in as the column name, but I would be interested if removing those (m2) would be a start here. You have the brackets around the field name, but I'm not 100% sure Revit will still recognize the field name with such nomenclature. (if it does, I would be delightfully surprised)

Then you can rename the Column to include the (m2) if you so choose. Then you can remove the brackets and then use parenthesis.

4.    #4
    Current Local Time
    The different area's consist of multiple Rooms or Areas? If that is the case, you will need to calculate the total areas before you can compare them. Have a look at my aptly named Total Mayhem post from a few years back. Aaron Maller did a good tutorial about it as well.

5.    #5
    Current Local Time
    Good morning Cellophane!

Please find attached the schedule in an empty project so you can check out the formulas!

Hi kraftwerk!,

Thanks for your resply. I tried it but it didn't work!. Well thought anyway!

Hi ekkonap,

Yes, I've posted a sample file for cellophane if you look up, it consists of multiple rooms and have already been calculated to total. Please feel free to check it out if you feel like.

I'd appreciate if you can give me a link to your post please!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Robin Deurloo; September 6th, 2019 at 07:59 AM.

6.    #6
    Current Local Time
    10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedbr1981 View Post
    Please find attached the schedule in an empty project so you can check out the formulas!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekkonap View Post
    The different area's consist of multiple Rooms or Areas? If that is the case, you will need to calculate the total areas before you can compare them. Have a look at my aptly named Total Mayhem post from a few years back. Aaron Maller did a good tutorial about it as well.
    Thanks. I'm getting into it now - but without looking at it my guess is that it is related to Ekko's Total Mayhem post about calculating those values. https://www.revitforum.org/tutorials...al-mayhem.html

7.    #7
    Current Local Time
    Is this what you are after?

Name:	Metrics.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	37408
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anotherLanguage.png  
    Last edited by kraftwerk; September 6th, 2019 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Added better image.

8.    #8
    Current Local Time
    Quote Originally Posted by kraftwerk View Post
    Is this what you are after?

Name:	Metrics.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	37408
    Hi kraftwerk!,

thanks for replying,

You should have to have both cases in which 50% of Sup Ext is higher (one example) and lower (another example) of the 10% of the INT SUP to se if it works.

If it does please send the schedule to me so I can try it on the original project!

Many thanks!

9.    #9
    Current Local Time
    Quote Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
    Thanks. I'm getting into it now - but without looking at it my guess is that it is related to Ekko's Total Mayhem post about calculating those values. https://www.revitforum.org/tutorials...al-mayhem.html
    Thanks for your reply!

I'll do some reading and see if I can use some information!

Cheers!

10.    #10
    Current Local Time
    Here's the file back with modifications.

It seems like all of the formulas are achieving what they were told to do. If you need them to do something else, try to provide more explanation as you did in the first post to get more out here in text of what you need.

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kraftwerk; September 9th, 2019 at 01:19 PM.