MONUMETRIC Video mmt-volt

Collapse

Adaptive Panel tutorials - the best one is from... 2011?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corinoco
    • February 6, 2012
    • Sydney, Australia

Adaptive Panel tutorials - the best one is from... 2011?

I'm trying to make some Adaptive Panels - complex ones. I have found an EXCELLENT tutorial by Robert Manna / Zach Kron - except it's from Autodesk University 2011.

Of course, Autodesk couldn't be bothered indexing "old" tutorials from so long ago (doesn't provide value for shareholders...)... except this is THE ONLY good tutorial that covers exactly what I want to do.

Thanks to Google, I can find the PDF handout - which refers to some sample Families and RVT files... which are of course GONE.

The session was AU2011 - AB4391-L (Sessions 1&2) "Twice Baked: Creating Your Own Adaptive Components And Panels With Autodesk Revit"

Link to PDF handout: http://aucache.autodesk.com/au2011/s...91-L_Manna.pdf

I can see the path names in the HTML link to the Autodesk AUcache server.... but you need to know the filename sof the extra files..... ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Does anyone happen to have a copy of these files they would like to share?

Relevant XKCD:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wisdom_of_the_ancients.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	420258
    "Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so."
    - Ford Prefect, HHGTTG :beer:
  • MPwuzhere
    R.I.P.
    • December 14, 2010
    • Las Vegas, NV

The 2011 files maybe in transition from the Autodesk University site to AUGI...but then again the RTC 2011 files are already on AUGI. Probably because RTC always made available all the files at the conclusion of the conference.

I probably had the 2011 files, but they went away when my main documents drive went belly up with lots of my favorite Revit goodies.

Send a message to Robert...he may still have them.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

• Alfredo Medina
      Forum Co-Founder
      • December 7, 2010
      • FL, USA

Originally posted by corinoco
      I'm trying to make some Adaptive Panels - complex ones. ...
      ...ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!
      This can't be the only class about this in the archives. There have been many classes about these topics in Autodesk University (and in Revit Technology Conference (now BILT). Also, there's abundant information in videos, blogs, Youtube and other places with paid subscriptions. And, you already found a good handout. Simply start trying and if you get stuck, ask questions in forums.
      Alfredo Medina Architectural Services | (Licensed in Florida) | Laser Scanning | 3d Printing | Training & consulting on Revit | Linkedin

Comment

• corinoco
        • February 6, 2012
        • Sydney, Australia

Originally posted by MPwuzhere
        ...but then again the RTC 2011 files are already on AUGI.
        I'm a member of AUGI - but where on the site are the RTC files? Is there a link?
        "Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so."
        - Ford Prefect, HHGTTG :beer:

Comment

• Alfredo Medina
          Forum Co-Founder
          • December 7, 2010
          • FL, USA

Do you have any friend who has attended an RTC (BILT) conference? Maybe he or she can share some handouts with you. Also, if you an Autodesk account, browse for classes in previous events.
          Alfredo Medina Architectural Services | (Licensed in Florida) | Laser Scanning | 3d Printing | Training & consulting on Revit | Linkedin

Comment

• MPwuzhere
            R.I.P.
            • December 14, 2010
            • Las Vegas, NV

Originally posted by corinoco
            I'm a member of AUGI - but where on the site are the RTC files? Is there a link?
            You have to be logged in and then look for Conferences under the English Forum... They have AU 2000 - 2010 and RTC AUS and NA 2011.
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment