Thread: Customized View Title

Current Local Time
    01:42 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Customized View Title

Greetings all!

I have been tasked with creating a revit template for the planting plans we do and I have gotten stuck when it comes to taking the view title OOTB and editing it to what I need for the planting plans. I have enclosed our existing view title and the desired view title. I can not seem to find a way to incorporate the features I need into the family. I added shared parameters for the project location and issue date, but how can I get the labels to line up the way my example shows? I tried editing the view title to just include the title and add the additional information using a line-based family, but those families can not be added to the sheet only views. Has anyone done something similar that could give me some other ideas? any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you all for your time and I look forward to your replies.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Planting Plan Existing View Title.PNG   Planting Plan desired View Title.PNG  

"I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Current Local Time
    12:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by M_tuter_97 View Post
    Greetings all!

I have been tasked with creating a revit template for the planting plans we do and I have gotten stuck when it comes to taking the view title OOTB and editing it to what I need for the planting plans. I have enclosed our existing view title and the desired view title. I can not seem to find a way to incorporate the features I need into the family. I added shared parameters for the project location and issue date, but how can I get the labels to line up the way my example shows? I tried editing the view title to just include the title and add the additional information using a line-based family, but those families can not be added to the sheet only views. Has anyone done something similar that could give me some other ideas? any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you all for your time and I look forward to your replies.
    Open the stock View Title family and do a Save As. Add shared parameters for Location, Date, and use the existing View Name and View Scale parameters. Add labels for location and date and put them where you show them in the View Title family. I don't know what font that is but assuming that it is in your Revit template just edit the font style in the tag type properties to that font style. If you don't want a view number (???) then delete that from the family. Underlines are always an issue and I don't use them so you can do a search in the forum for tag underlines as this has been discussed in the past.
    Last edited by Dave Jones; July 6th, 2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Current Local Time
    01:42 PM

Dave,

Thank you for your response. I did just as you suggested and it worked. Currently I will leave the underline out of the family and the user will need to add the line separately.

Current Local Time
    03:42 PM

You can group your label with a reference line and then constrain the line. The OOTB view label line is basically the width of the view; to counter that I've got mine set up with fixed lengths.
    Attached Files Attached Files