Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 2500 USD, Received: 2249 USD (90%)

Thread: Landscape Architecture in Revit....-any interest?

Current Local Time
    03:21 PM

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lightbulb Landscape Architecture in Revit....-any interest?

A shoutout to anyone trying their luck with modeling and documenting landscape architecture in Revit. Wanna hang out?

Around these parts (Denmark), Landscape Architecture firms are starting to face demands and expectations from clients; to deliver 3D models. At my workplace we're starting with baby steps, did our first preliminary project just recently. I'm not a landscape architect, but as one of the BIM managers, i'm expected to drive this train forward.

So i'm just curious if there's any other "Revit landscapers" out there? Any blogs, any forums, tools, etc.
    I only know of this one really clever girl; https://landarchbim.com/, that's all.

I guess, if a lot of us started using this forum, we could have a whole subforum for ourselves. Someday....... -i'm probably a bit ahead of time here, you tell me.

Let's hear from you!

Current Local Time
    04:21 PM

https://www.revitforum.org/out-there...ing-plugs.html

(Please read the 3rd post, the link is out of date)

Current Local Time
    04:21 PM

Been doing "landscape" (read external hardscaping) in one way or another on every project since v.2009 - but I almost never touch the topo. tool.

My 2pence: Arguably, since One-Box did away with the discipline versions, us having sub-forums for such, (and so in turn, another for landscape, and other interested professional parties) might be a bit overkill - since the modelling concepts generally apply cross discipline, save maybe for when structural peeps want to talk trusses and MEP folk connectors.
    Last edited by snowyweston; April 9th, 2018 at 06:32 PM.

Current Local Time
    03:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tuekappel View Post
    A shoutout to anyone trying their luck with modeling and documenting landscape architecture in Revit. Wanna hang out?

Around these parts (Denmark), Landscape Architecture firms are starting to face demands and expectations from clients; to deliver 3D models. At my workplace we're starting with baby steps, did our first preliminary project just recently. I'm not a landscape architect, but as one of the BIM managers, i'm expected to drive this train forward.
    More and more European IPD tenders require BIM models as their main source of deliverables. Landscape architects are required to deliver a Revit model as well. I’ve been assisting a landscape architecture firm on delivering a Revit model as part of an EU IPD tender. It’s one of those fast paced projects due to the Brexit where companies are leaving the UK. So very little time to get proficient and comfortable with Revit in landscaping.

There are a couple of interesting Landscape classes at AU (Revit and Dynamo for Landscape architects & The Secret to Landscape Modeling with Revit) which help us a lot with dealing with the limitation of Revit. For example, we’ve used floors instead of topo surface as you can host trees on them and apply various fill patterns. We had a workflow where we imported the Rhino topography model in revit and used Dynamo to place sub element points on floor with the proper heights. You will not get smooth surfaces though with shape editing floors but it suits its purpose for now.

All by all, Landscape is far from ideal in Revit but it’s absolutely double. It’s going to be a pioneering journey though since there isn’t a whole lot on this subject, but exciting.