Thread: Sheet List - Label parameter values missing

Current Local Time
    07:44 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sheet List - Label parameter values missing

In my titleblocks I have a family type parameter which changes a generic annotation for each sheet's current drawing status.
    The SP is loaded into project parameters and works fine on the titleblocks however upon creating a sheet list, I've noticed the current value of the label in the schedule does not match the chosen value from the pulldown, nor does setting it in the schedule change the displayed option in the titleblock. Is it possible to get this to schedule and operate bidirectionally as how normal SP's operate?

Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Current Local Time
    01:44 PM

No, it's not possible (without the API or Dynamo). You're talking about two different categories: Sheets, and Titleblocks.

A lot of people get confused because title blocks will display information from the sheet parameters. But you are talking about having a parameter alter the title block, and also show that information in the sheets schedule, which isn't possible.

The closest you could get would be having Dynamo or an API app read the information from the title block, ask the title block what sheet it's on, and fill in a parameter for the sheet.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.

Current Local Time
    07:44 PM

Gotcha,

I have 2 other SP's which I use for Drawing Title information over 2 lines instead of word-wrapping the default Sheet Name parameter and they are accessible without the titleblock family being selected whereas the family type SP is only accessible with the titleblock selected. I do like a bit of programming but I've not yet gotten involved with Dynamo yet so I may change the titleblock to use an instance parameter for the drawing status.

Forum Co-Founder Twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Current Local Time
    01:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BLothian View Post
    Gotcha,

I have 2 other SP's which I use for Drawing Title information over 2 lines instead of word-wrapping the default Sheet Name parameter and they are accessible without the titleblock family being selected whereas the family type SP is only accessible with the titleblock selected. I do like a bit of programming but I've not yet gotten involved with Dynamo yet so I may change the titleblock to use an instance parameter for the drawing status.
    Right. In the first example you're telling a titleblock (annotation) to read a sheet parameter.

In the second example you're trying to tell a sheet to inherit a titleblock parameter. Or to able to schedule titleblocks.

It's a similar issue as a nested family driving a parent family.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.