MONUMETRIC Video mmt-volt

Collapse

Project Base Point and Survey Point are both 0.00 elevation, but different heights

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatrickGSR94
    • July 7, 2017
    • Hernando, MS

Project Base Point and Survey Point are both 0.00 elevation, but different heights

How can my PBP and Survey Point both report 0.000 elevation, and yet the PBP is 409.0' above the SP? I linked in my CAD survey and Acquired Coordinates, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. I'm not sure how I can get the PBP to report the correct +409.0'.

The problem is that, while my toposurface points report true world elevations, my spot elevations will not report actual elevations regardless of the Elevation Origin setting. It will only report elevations relative to my building finished floor.
    Last edited by PatrickGSR94; March 2, 2018, 02:40 AM.
  • PatrickGSR94
    • July 7, 2017
    • Hernando, MS

Well I'm not sure what happened, but I just looked at it again and both PBP and SP were at 0.000'. So I moved the building levels up to 409.0', and unclipped the PBP and moved it up 409.0' (my normal process for making toposurface spot points report real world elevations). That makes the floor level read 0'-0" like I want it, and my spot elevations for my toposurface report real world elevations.

However now my toposurface editing spot points read 409' higher than they should. The 409 elevation spot points read as 818'. 400' points read as 809' and so on.

So why would a toposurface spot point that is 0.0' relative to the PBP and 409' above the survey point actually report as 818'?
    Last edited by PatrickGSR94; March 2, 2018, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• PatrickGSR94
      • July 7, 2017
      • Hernando, MS

Figured it out. Had to move my Survey Point down 409' while clipped, which made the Survey Point elevation 0.00 as it should be, and my PBP as 409.0', and everything else including contour labels, spot elevations, and toposurface interior spot points all report the correct elevations now.

Comment