Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove Window Framing

Current Local Time
    02:57 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Remove Window Framing

This window family is downloaded from RevitCity. I tried removing the window frame but the glass is deleted as well. How do I just remove the metal frame, leaving the glass intact? And if possible, extend the glass to make it fit the window edges?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Current Local Time
    08:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cnytiffany View Post
    This window family is downloaded from RevitCity. I tried removing the window frame but the glass is deleted as well. How do I just remove the metal frame, leaving the glass intact? And if possible, extend the glass to make it fit the window edges?
    That's because the glass is constrained to the window frame, if you try to edit the family you'll see that the frame is an Extrusion by Path and the glass have little locks (closed) which means that the glass will follow the frame, so in order to have only the glass you need to open the family, edit the group (because the family is in a group) and once in the group you need to edit the family (Frame and Glass), once inside that family you need to unlock the constrains for the glass and the frame because they're locked and associated by consequence, once you've edited and unlocked the glass you'll have you glass without frame, hope this can help you
    Last edited by Andres Franco; February 27th, 2018 at 07:12 AM.

Current Local Time

Thank you!! I will try to figure it out.

Current Local Time

Thank you!! I will try to figure it out.
    You're welcome

Current Local Time

Help needed with window parameters

I have removed the window frame as per your advice successfully. However, when I load into Revit project and adjust the parameters, the glass doesn't seem to follow the adjustments of the height and width. Furthermore, I tried to find the lock button to secure the glass to the framing but to no avail as there isn't a lock for the glass family edit. How do I set the parameters to follow the height and width successfully?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1700x5900 Wrong.jpg   1700x5900 Correct.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Current Local Time

I have removed the window frame as per your advice successfully. However, when I load into Revit project and adjust the parameters, the glass doesn't seem to follow the adjustments of the height and width. Furthermore, I tried to find the lock button to secure the glass to the framing but to no avail as there isn't a lock for the glass family edit. How do I set the parameters to follow the height and width successfully?
    Hi, I've just finished to modify your family which I'm uploading here for you, hope this helps.

What I've done?: Simple, I've just opened the Family you've upload here, I've edit the group as evoked in my first post, once then I've selected the Group I've edited the group and once there I've edited the family "Awning Panel" too!! finally while I've edited the Awning panel I just look for the locks and I've closed them giving it geometrical constrains for the glass geometry.

if you have this useful please add it to users reputation by hitting on the star under users name, regards

Multi-Panel_Awning_1958_No_Frame_MOD.rfa
    Last edited by Andres Franco; March 6th, 2018 at 06:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Current Local Time

Thank you so much for your help!! It's working now!! I've clicked on the star under the username.

Current Local Time

One thing that's puzzling me is that I couldn't see the locks when I'm in the "Awning Panel" Family. It's just a piece of glass with arrows to adjust the length and width of the glass. How did you manage to find the locks to lock the geometrical constraints?

Current Local Time

One thing that's puzzling me is that I couldn't see the locks when I'm in the "Awning Panel" Family. It's just a piece of glass with arrows to adjust the length and width of the glass. How did you manage to find the locks to lock the geometrical constraints?
    Yeah I understand it may be quite tricky, you need to use the ALIGN Tool and look for the reference planes, so once you've hit the align tool you need to first click on the RP and just after that you need to click ON the face or Border of your geometry, hat way Revit will know that you want to lock the geometry with the RP, am I clear enough?, regards

Current Local Time

I tried several times both in the "Awning Panel" Family and in the normal Family but to no avail. When I clicked on the align tool, then click on the face or border of my geometry, the locks didn't appear.