Thread: Mechanical & Electrical Tags

Current Local Time
    12:59 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

Mechanical & Electrical Tags

I have created our company standard Mechanical Tags.
    I have created our library of mechanical equipment, which contain a yes/no parameter to define whether the item of equipment requires an electrical supply.
    I have created a filter based on this parameter which controls the visibility of the mechanical equipment family,
    but I am struggling to display the mechanical equipment tag in an electrical view (I do know that this obviously wont appear in an electrical view) but is there a work around.
    I am trying to populate a power view with mechanical equipment and their references which require a power supply.

Current Local Time
    12:59 PM

Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart king View Post
    I have created our company standard Mechanical Tags.
    I have created our library of mechanical equipment, which contain a yes/no parameter to define whether the item of equipment requires an electrical supply.
    I have created a filter based on this parameter which controls the visibility of the mechanical equipment family,
    but I am struggling to display the mechanical equipment tag in an electrical view (I do know that this obviously wont appear in an electrical view) but is there a work around.
    I am trying to populate a power view with mechanical equipment and their references which require a power supply.

Hi.
    I think what you need to do is to create these parameters as shared parameters so you can make them visible in tags. Try that and see how it works for you