Phase set to demo but every time duct is drawn duct dissappears & goes to new

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadmancan
    • January 11, 2012

Phase set to demo but every time duct is drawn duct dissappears & goes to new

Seems like I have been here alot this week. Have quite a few folks needing assistiance and I seem to be the one they go to. I cant figure this out.

Mech engineer has floor plan phase filter set to show previous and demo. Everytime a duct is drawn the duct dissappears or isnt visible as it is being drawn. With the duct command active, there doesnt seem to be any part of the properties dialog box that is active (not greyed out) that might effect the view. Is this a view template issue? When he sets phase to show all, the duct that wasnt visible, is now visible and is on a new construction when highlighted. So he draws duct and is going back and forth between previous and demo to show all for phase filter in the floor plan properties. How am I able to draw existing duct so it appears on existing for phase created. What we are trying to do is to draw existing duct in an existing space. Thanks.
  • ThatBIMGuy
    • May 23, 2011
    • Denver, CO

That is because the duct is being drawn as new in the active phase which is probably new construction.
    Jason Peckovitch
    Father | Photographer | Car/Tech Guy
    Revit MEP 2015 Certified Professional
    That BIM Guy Blog | Google+

Comment

• cadmancan
      • January 11, 2012

Thought that wasnt the case but after closer observation based on your post it appears that is the reason. Attached is the phasing for the floor plan and the duct after its drawn. In your opinion if I need to draw existing duct would this be the best practice? Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cadmancan; November 14, 2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• ThatBIMGuy
        • May 23, 2011
        • Denver, CO

Originally posted by cadmancan
        Thought that wasnt the case but after closer observation based on your post it appears that is the reason. Attached is the phasing for the floor plan and the duct after its drawn. In your opinion if I need to draw existing duct would this be the best practice? Thanks.
        When placing duct, I would have the active phase to be what phase that duct was built in. If its Existing, the active phase should be existing (it will appear new). Another way to do it is have new construction active and window it all and change to existing. Either way, "new" needs to show with the filters. Did that make sense?
        Jason Peckovitch

Comment

• CADiva
          • May 14, 2012
          • Where the plains meet the mountains

Basically, yes ... I've developed the habit of having "existing" plan views and "remodel" plan views, so that I can have one that is set to existing and all my existing modeling is done in the "existing" view. Then I can select the portions that need demolition in the remodel phase and change the phase demolished to "new construction", which is reflected in the "remodel" view.

Comment

• cadmancan
            • January 11, 2012

Thanks. That make sense. I appreciate the asssitance.

Comment

• ThatBIMGuy
              • May 23, 2011
              • Denver, CO

Thanks. That make sense. I appreciate the asssitance.
              Welcome. Anytime.
              Jason Peckovitch

Comment