Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 2500 USD, Received: 2249 USD (90%)

Thread: Propagate Extents

Current Local Time
    02:22 PM

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Propagate Extents

This is the sort of question that I would typically search old AUGI posts for, because I know I have read about it elsewhere. As far as I understand, the Propagate Extents tool should help me align grids across several parallel views. However, when I choose my grids, and then select the views it does not seem to work for all of the them. I know that it only works on 2D extents, and the grids that are not working are set to '2D'. Are there other nuisances to this tool that effect how it works? And while I am asking, is there are faster way to change 3D extents to 2D extents, besides clicking each one individually? Thanks for your help,

-Sarah

Current Local Time
    07:22 AM

There was a big change to propagate extents in the 2011 release, prior to that you couldnt use it for grids that had 3D extents extending outside the crop region. You will still have problems on dependant plans with scope boxes though in 2011

To quickly modify a 2D extent where your grids are all at 3D extents in the current crop there is a quick workflow

Modify your crop to be inside the current 3D extent of the grids, this will then turn all your grids into 2D extents as they will be cropped

Modify the grid 2D extents, reset your crop back to the original location

Hope that helps

Current Local Time
    02:22 PM

Yes, thanks Ben that helps. I wish I could get the propogate extents command to work the way I think it should, but your method does help me save time.