Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: labels do not work details

Current Local Time
    11:21 AM

Not allowed! Not allowed!

labels do not work details

good morning to all,
    'm new to the forum and I have a problem in using revit 2010 student version .. when I insert the item detail I would like to change the label but this is impossible because I can not seem to load them with the exception of the default ones .. how can I do?
    thanks

Current Local Time
    04:21 AM

could you elaborate on your question? clarify? what are you trying to label in a detail? do you mean a family?
    If your label / parameter is not a shared parameter it will not be accessible within the project once the family is loaded.
    Is this the direction of your question?
    Also nothing in impossible, you merely need to look at it from a different perspective.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by GenreNomad View Post
    ...Also nothing in impossible, you merely need to look at it from a different perspective.
    Agreed, in Revit that's true; but as a wider statement it has major problems, for example: Try eating the Universe in one bite -you can get back to me on if that is truly possible ;-)

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    Agreed, in Revit that's true; but as a wider statement it has major problems, for example: Try eating the Universe in one bite -you can get back to me on if that is truly possible ;-)
    Well with quantum entanglement it could theoretically be possible that Stephen Tyler's mouth could eat the entire universe if all the particles quantumly happen and not happen to be in his mouth at the same time. :-X yeah, ok.

Current Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by xp92 View Post
    good morning to all,
    'm new to the forum and I have a problem in using revit 2010 student version .. when I insert the item detail I would like to change the label but this is impossible because I can not seem to load them with the exception of the default ones .. how can I do?
    thanks
    As GenreNomad has said, it's difficult to get what you are really asking for but I'll also try...

You are asking several mixed up questions...is this what you mean:
    1) "when I insert the item detail I would like to change the label"
    -If by "label" you mean it's Tagged value(s) -The default Tag pulls the "Type Mark" of the component, so if you need other data to be referenced you will want to edit the Tag Family and modify the parameter that is being pulled from the object.

2) "but this is impossible because I can not seem to load them with the exception of the default ones .. how can I do?"
    -GoTo the Annotate Tab> Detail Panel> Click COmponent (or the tiny drop-down to get other choices)> (after clicking a tool) look at the Options Bar and click Load Family
    -It "should" bring you to your library of DC's but if not surf to it and you can load any of the DC's available...

Hope this helps, otherwise you may wish to provide examples so we better understand and can help :-)
    Last edited by JBZ; April 10th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Current Local Time

Well with quantum entanglement it could theoretically be possible that Stephen Tyler's mouth could eat the entire universe if all the particles quantumly happen and not happen to be in his mouth at the same time. :-X yeah, ok.
    Damn, I forgot about Mr. Tyler!!!

Current Local Time

could you elaborate on your question? clarify? what are you trying to label in a detail? do you mean a family?
    If your label / parameter is not a shared parameter it will not be accessible within the project once the family is loaded.
    Is this the direction of your question?
    Also nothing in impossible, you merely need to look at it from a different perspective.
    I thank you for your reply,
    So I'm running a detail plan of a house, now the problem is that as I get in the file cattura and I would like to file cattura2 .. I tried to get into the settings but I can only use the default label and on the labels do not charge me to detail .. maybe I'm wrong to charge or perhaps the educational version does not allow this?
    thanks

here does not let them charge Cattura3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cattura.PNG   Cattura2.PNG   Cattura3.PNG  
    Last edited by xp92; April 10th, 2013 at 05:39 PM.

Current Local Time

Unhappy

here does not let them charge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cattura3.PNG  

Current Local Time

OK, the first two images seem to show different detail callouts. The third image seems to show the family category. I do not believe you can change your family category from the project side, this is set in the family editor.
    -click on the element
    -then right click (in the drop down menu there is "edit family" this will open the family)
    -save it as a different name and category,
    -then load that new family back into the project to have the desired category.

I hope this helps. Is that Spanish or Italian?
    I am not up to snuff on my foreign languages.
    Although, am I correct that it is showing the window category with all others like lighting and electrical greyed out?

Current Local Time

when I click right button does not work change family..What can I do?
    Italian