X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ree
    • March 8, 2012
    • US

Import shared parameters into an existing shared parameters file

How do I import shared parameters from another discipline into my disciplnes shared parameters file?

Regards

Maria
  • Dave Jones
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    • December 7, 2010
    • Wake Forest, NC USA

Originally posted by Ree
    How do I import shared parameters from another discipline into my disciplnes shared parameters file?

Regards

Maria
    If you have a .rvt file that contains those shared parameters you can use Manage/Transfer Project Standards and transfer Project Parameters to your project that uses your shared parameter file. I believe that the imported SPs will be put in a group called Exported Parameters IIRC
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

• Ree
      • March 8, 2012
      • US

I am using my own set of shared parameters and have been given a text file of the other shared parameters I need to import. I do recall something about the Group Exported Parameters. Just the logistiocs of getting them in from the text file. Thanks

Comment

• Dave Jones
        "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
        • December 7, 2010
        • Wake Forest, NC USA

Originally posted by Ree
        I am using my own set of shared parameters and have been given a text file of the other shared parameters I need to import. I do recall something about the Group Exported Parameters. Just the logistiocs of getting them in from the text file. Thanks
        There have been several threads about this issue here in RFO. You might start here then do a search for "shared parameters" and you'll come up with lots of hits
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

• jseck
          • November 19, 2012

Revit Family Tools allows you to compare and merge shared parameter files (and it's free!)

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aRevit-Family-Tools%3aen

Comment

• cellophane
            Super Moderator
            • August 9, 2011
            • Louisville, KY

parameter jerk and whitefeet tools also have functions to copy SP's into families.
            Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
            BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

• Twiceroadsfool
              Administrator
              • December 7, 2010
              • Dallas, TX

If youre careful you can do it manually (in Notepad), as long as you modify the group numbers so they dont have any conflicts. Been doing mine that way since i started revit.
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
              @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

• Alex Cunningham
                "RFO 2012 Spelling Bee Champion"
                • December 8, 2010
                • Northern California

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool
                If youre careful you can do it manually (in Notepad), as long as you modify the group numbers so they dont have any conflicts. Been doing mine that way since i started revit.
                I would like to emphasize you need to be careful doing this. If you are not good at staring a large bodies of text and finding the one character that's like the other use what Chad is talking about.
                -Alex Cunningham

Comment

• Ree
                  • March 8, 2012
                  • US

Thanks all. I took daves advice and found the links above very helpful. Going through revit was the easiest for me.
                  Cheers all

Comment