Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 2500 USD, Received: 1627 USD (65%)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Getting Close!

  1. #11
    Senior Member DavidLarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10, 2015
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    660
    Current Local Time
    07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
    Good for you Dave!
    I'm pretty close too, just another 30 years to go or so
    I have another 23 years till I slow down to part time (only 40 hours). Hopefully by then I'll be able to make a living telling tall tales and outright lies

  2. #12
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,489
    Current Local Time
    06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
    When you head to Nashville don't forget to head a couple hours north and visit us in Bourbon Country!
    2 hours out of the way for ? No brainer We'd have to make it on the way home. Our current plan is to go via I40 (old Route 66) and come back via I70 through St. Louis then Kansas City, Denver, SLC. So a jog up to where ever you are in KY wouldn't be out of the question. Certainly don't have to get back to work I'll check in with you later via PM
    cellophane likes this.

  3. #13
    Moderator cellophane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9, 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    6,140
    Current Local Time
    09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    2 hours out of the way for ? No brainer We'd have to make it on the way home. Our current plan is to go via I40 (old Route 66) and come back via I70 through St. Louis then Kansas City, Denver, SLC. So a jog up to where ever you are in KY wouldn't be out of the question. Certainly don't have to get back to work I'll check in with you later via PM
    I think it is about 3 hours total from Nashville to Louisville, but there is a time change between here and there so I can never remember the actual drive time On the way you pass several distilleries. I went to Makers Mark not too long ago; it is a beautiful campus and really nice tour, although it is in the middle of nowhere.

  4. #14
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,489
    Current Local Time
    06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
    I think it is about 3 hours total from Nashville to Louisville, but there is a time change between here and there so I can never remember the actual drive time On the way you pass several distilleries. I went to Makers Mark not too long ago; it is a beautiful campus and really nice tour, although it is in the middle of nowhere.
    175 miles, 2 hrs 38 mins plus the 14 whiskey tour stops. We'll get there someday, maybe ;-P

  5. #15
    Mr. Revit OpEd
    Join Date
    December 14, 2010
    Posts
    2,873
    Current Local Time
    06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones
    ...14 whiskey tour stops...
    allow 28 days for this... 1-2 distilleries a day is probably aggressive unless you've got some serious tolerance built up
    tidalwave1 likes this.

  6. #16
    Moderator
    "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
    Dave Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7, 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California USA
    Posts
    4,489
    Current Local Time
    06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    allow 28 days for this... 1-2 distilleries a day is probably aggressive unless you've got some serious tolerance built up
    agreed! That's why I said we'd get there, maybe. 1 to 2 distilleries a day and I'd be lost in KY by day two
    Steve_Stafford likes this.

  7. #17
    Moderator cellophane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9, 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    6,140
    Current Local Time
    09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    allow 28 days for this... 1-2 distilleries a day is probably aggressive unless you've got some serious tolerance built up
    It isn't so much the tolerance that is the issue, it is the ridiculous country back roads that you have to drive down to actually get to the distilleries. Although, there are tour companies that will do all the driving for you

  8. #18
    Autodesk JeffH's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13, 2010
    Location
    The Ivory Tower (Manchester NH)
    Posts
    769
    Current Local Time
    09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    Our current plan is to go via I40 (old Route 66)
    If you are taking I-40 and want to see some old Route 66 nostalgia, when you go through Albuquerque NM, get off I-40 for a bit and take Central Avenue through town. That is the ACTUAL old Route 66. There is still some of the original motels through town there and old cafes etc...

    You could also stop at the Frontier Restaurant for a bite to eat (on Central Ave.) It has been there since Route 66 days and serves fantastic food. And a bit of personal trivia, I went to Architecture school in the building right next door to the Frontier. The University of New Mexico campus is on Central Ave. too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. how to close a opening in a correct way
    By andreasdraxl in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 21st, 2017, 01:37 PM
  2. Save as when trying to close Revit
    By cellophane in forum Architecture and General Revit Questions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 17th, 2013, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •