Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating Basement Floors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Creating Basement Floors

    Basement Section.pdfHi

    I always have a confusion of creating basement floors. Can you guys suggest me the best way of doing it. Particularly if i taken a section through it, i want it like as it is in the attachment with all soil fills and what if the extend of basement differs. .

    Thanks
    Last edited by theshell07; March 16, 2011, 11:45 AM.

    #2
    To get it to look like that, I´d just create a very thin floor. And if the extend (depth?) of the basement differs, I´d use multiple (very thin) floors at different levels.
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by theshell07 View Post
      [ATTACH]1131[/ATTACH]Hi

      I always have a confusion of creating basement floors. Can you guys suggest me the best way of doing it. Particularly if i taken a section through it, i want it like as it is in the attachment with all soil fills and what if the extend of basement differs. .

      Thanks
      You need to create some building pads in plan view, with different offsets from the ground floor, to make the terrain adjust correctly to the basement floors in section views.

      See attached.
      Attached Files
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

      Comment


        #4
        I've never really gotten into building pads. They automatically cut into the terrain? Nice, I'll have to remember that.
        Dan

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by dzatto View Post
          I've never really gotten into building pads. They automatically cut into the terrain? Nice, I'll have to remember that.
          Be prepared for some of this...:banghead: Building Pads are painful... :laugh:
          Revit BLOGGAGE

          http://www.revic.org.au

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ben-May View Post
            Be prepared for some of this...:banghead: Building Pads are painful... :laugh:
            Totally Agree with Ben on this one, pads are simply awful!

            I find a much better methodology is to duplicate the topography - hide the existing in the new construction phase and then use the split surface - merge tools to cut the site to the required depth and from there use the normal floor tools. If I mess it up completely or if the design changes substantially, I simply delete the entire new topo and recreate from the beginning. There are a whole lot of words I could use to describe Pads, but all of them are on our censor list.
            Ian Kidston
            http://allextensions.com.au

            Comment


              #7
              I agree, pads are not as they should be, but for this case I think they work ok and it is the fastest solution.
              Revit Architecture - 3ds MAX Design - Octane Render - and many working hours...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                You need to create some building pads in plan view, with different offsets from the ground floor, to make the terrain adjust correctly to the basement floors in section views.

                See attached.
                Building pads are the way to go on this. The difficult part that I'm seeing on your section is that you have soil filling back over your basement slab.

                I would probably create the pads exactly how Alfredo showed you, and then model in the floorslabs in the topography as needed. Might have a few visibility issues with the earth pattern merging with the conc. pattern, but you won't see it at the scale you are showing there, so no worries.

                I have pretty good luck with slabs. You just have to know when and where to expect issues. For something as simple as the section youre showing, you shouldnt have any issues.

                The only real rule is that you can't overlap a slab. The tricky part is figuing out what that means to Revit. . .hehe.

                One last tip. I will often create a 3D site plan with all of my pads and topography in a seperate file, and then link that it. Not something you have to do, but it helps with my workflow when I have a complicated site.
                Jasen Arias

                "Thats all I got for now."

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hi,
                  I made a buiding pad the way Alfredo explained (I also have some ramps between the differennt levels, since this i a parking)
                  But i get a very very thin wall around every building pad.
                  when the level between the pads is different it ok,
                  but when it makes around the ramps I want to delete it.
                  is there any way to delete them??

                  seems like you guys don't like building pads

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X