Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Elevation Tag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Interior Elevation Tag

    Okay, this is driving me insane. I want to use the round interior elevations tag, but I don't want it to display the view name. I can't figure out how to change it.

    I've found the elevation mark pointer family in the project browser. And, there is a family type for detail number and view name. However, when I try to edit the elevation tag in my view, that family is not there. It just says 1/2" circle. I can't find that anywhere.
    Attached Files
    Dan

    #2
    1. Is the elevation placed on a sheet yet? If not, place it on a sheet and see if the detail number fills in.
    2. You can specify "Title on sheet" under the View Properties, and make it different than the name of the View itself.
    3. In the pointer family, check and see if there are 2 labels: Detail Number and Reference.

    Other than checking these things, I can't see anything else obviously wrong here.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

    Comment


      #3
      I've had a similar issue in a project I did a few months ago, I think I just ended up keeping the name because I couldn't figure out how to change it
      mind you this was prior to the Revit Forum days
      Juan Carlos Moreno
      Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
      Sisley Cosmetics

      Comment


        #4
        Go to the Manage tab and then choose "Additional Settings", then "Elevation Tags". Here you can edit the 1/2" Circle and 1/2" Square families. The only parameter available to change is which pointer family the elevation tag uses. By default it is set to "Elevation Mark Body_Circle: Filled Arrow and View Name". You can change this in the pull-down to "Elevation Mark Body_Circle: Filled Arrow". Then you should be golden. Hope this helps...

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by dzatto View Post
          Okay, this is driving me insane. I want to use the round interior elevations tag, but I don't want it to display the view name. I can't figure out how to change it.

          I've found the elevation mark pointer family in the project browser. And, there is a family type for detail number and view name. However, when I try to edit the elevation tag in my view, that family is not there. It just says 1/2" circle. I can't find that anywhere.
          I wasn't sure what version of Revit you are using so I did this for 2010 and 2011 as they are both different. The video has audio on it so you will want speakers.

          http://screencast.com/t/FqOgteKFPgh8

          Edit: although if I had read more carefully I would have noticed it was 2011.

          Edit Edit: Also, the label that is simply Ref should not be deleted, that is for Sim/Typ/Rev callouts.
          Last edited by hypnox1; March 1, 2011, 09:55 PM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by WVReviter View Post
            Go to the Manage tab and then choose "Additional Settings", then "Elevation Tags". Here you can edit the 1/2" Circle and 1/2" Square families. The only parameter available to change is which pointer family the elevation tag uses. By default it is set to "Elevation Mark Body_Circle: Filled Arrow and View Name". You can change this in the pull-down to "Elevation Mark Body_Circle: Filled Arrow". Then you should be golden. Hope this helps...
            Yes! That did it. Thanks a ton.

            Originally posted by hypnox1 View Post
            I wasn't sure what version of Revit you are using so I did this for 2010 and 2011 as they are both different. The video has audio on it so you will want speakers.

            http://screencast.com/t/FqOgteKFPgh8

            Edit: although if I had read more carefully I would have noticed it was 2011.

            Edit Edit: Also, the label that is simply Ref should not be deleted, that is for Sim/Typ/Rev callouts.
            Yep, I'm on 2011. Unfortunately, net police prohibit me from viewing anything they deem entertaining. I tried to tell them it was a Revit video, but they hear me hootin' and hollerin' when I figure something out on Revit so they assume it's entertainment. lol
            Dan

            Comment


              #7
              Great

              Originally posted by dzatto View Post
              Yes! That did it. Thanks a ton.
              No problem. Glad I could help.

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X