Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Door

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Door

    Category used for:
    Doors (Interior and Exterior)

    OOTB Templates:
    Door.rft

    RFO Templates:
    RFO_Door.rft

    Graphics:
    Cutable = Yes
    Depth Clip = No
    Join Geometry (in Project) = No

    Known Category Restrictions:
    None

    Parameters (System / Seek / RFO)

    Construction
    Construction Type
    Function
    Wall Closure

    Material and Finishes
    Cladding (Shared, Type, Text)
    Color (Shared, Type, Text)
    Interior Finish (Shared, Type, Text)
    Material (Shared, Type, Text)
    Glazing (Shared, Type, Text)


    Other
    Design Pressure (Shared, Type, Text)

    Dimensions
    Rough Width
    Rough Height
    Thickness
    Width
    Height

    IFC Parameters
    Operation

    Identity Data
    Keynote
    Model
    Manufacturer
    Type Comments
    URL
    Description
    Assembly Code
    Fire Rating
    Cost
    OmniClass Number

    Energy Analysis
    Air Leakage (Shared, Type, Number)
    R Value (Shared, Type, Number)
    U Value (Shared, Type, Number)
    Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (Shared, Type, Number)
    Visible Light Transmission (Shared, Type, Number)


    Green Building Properties
    Energy Star (Shared, Type, Text)
    LEED Credit (Shared, Type, Text)


    Subcategories (System / Seek / RFO)
    Elevation Swing
    Frame/Mullion
    Glass
    Hidden Lines
    Opening
    Panel
    Plan Swing
    Hardware
    Muntin
    Trim

    Leaf



    Category Specific "Best Practices"

    Level of Detail (LOD)



    Document History:
    • ........
    Last edited by Munkholm; February 28, 2011, 11:10 AM.
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

    #2
    Have added system and seek information to this category, which is now open for discussion.

    This category should be a lot of fun
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
      Have added system and seek information to this category, which is now open for discussion.

      This category should be a lot of fun
      IMHO it needs a ton of stuff, including a standard template for Panels, one for Frames, and one for the encompassing DOOR family. And they all need the reference planes set up already. Here is my blog post on this one:

      http://malleristicrevitation.blogspo...ard-doors.html
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
        IMHO it needs a ton of stuff, including a standard template for Panels, one for Frames, and one for the encompassing DOOR family. And they all need the reference planes set up already....[/URL]
        Indeed they need a ton of stuff And great blog post BTW!

        Figured that we could get this category rolling by starting with Terminology for doors... I´ve noticed that not even the Americans agree on this, i.e. the "Panel" vs. "Leaf" discussion - and let me point out right away that I dont´t care one way or another, the only important thing is that we agree on common terminology for each part.

        I´ve made up a draft, using terms gathered from the internet, and my excellent "Illustrated Building Dictionary"

        Comments please :beer:
        Attached Files
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

        Comment


          #5
          Looks good to me!
          And It seem to me that the leaf vs Panel is resolved
          Thats the way I was taught in school the leaf is the door itself and the panels are well, the panels
          Juan Carlos Moreno
          Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
          Sisley Cosmetics

          Comment


            #6
            Have been busy lately, but am hoping to be able to invest more time on this project in the near future...

            Here´s a draft for the RFO parameters for a double door:



            Construction:
            Throat By Host < Yes/No>
            Equal Leafs < Yes/No>
            Leaf 1 Width If Unequal <Length>
            Leaf 1 Type <Family Type...>
            Leaf 2 Type <Family Type...>
            Frame Type <Family Type...>
            Cut Opening Below Level <Length>

            Materials and Finishes:
            Frame Material <Material>
            Frame Finish <Text>
            Leaf Material <Material>
            Leaf Finish <Text>
            Glazing Material <Material>
            Glazing Finish <Text>
            Hardware Material <Material>
            Hardware Finish <Text>

            Graphics:
            Show Architrave < Yes/No>
            Show Swing < Yes/No>
            Swing Angle <Angle>

            Dimensions:
            Frame Width <Opening Width - (2 * Frame Host Offset)>
            Frame Height <Opening Height - (2 * Frame Host Offset)>
            Frame Jamb Width <Length>
            Frame Head Width <Length>
            Frame Throat Width <Length >
            Frame Throat Inset <Length >
            Frame Host Offset <Length >
            Leaf 1 Width <if(Equal Leafs, ((Frame Width - (2 * Frame Jamb Width)) / 2), Leaf 1 Width If Unequal >
            Leaf 2 Width <if(Equal Leafs, ((Frame Width - (2 * Frame Jamb Width)) / 2), ((Frame Width - (2 * Frame Jamb Width)) - Leaf 1 Width If Unequal)>
            Leaf Height <Frame Height - (Frame Head Width + Leaf Floor Clearance)>
            Leaf Thickness <Length >
            Leaf Floor Clearance <Length >
            Opening Width <Length >
            Opening Height <Length >
            Host Thickness <Report - Length>

            Other:
            True Frame Throat Width <if(Throat By Host, Host Thickness, Frame Throat Width>
            Klaus Munkholm
            "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

            Comment


              #7
              I see you're listing Host Thickness - can we do that now? /

              Other things to consider perhaps?

              Dimensions/Constraints:
              "Tolerance", "Handle X", "Handle Y" & "Handle Z" - like the OOTB families
              "Leaf Insert point" - defines a shared origin for placing hosted leaf families relative to hosted frame families (centrally/corner/other?)

              Graphics :
              Swing "style" (allows for differing conventions for showing swing in elevation)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
                I see you're listing Host Thickness - can we do that now? /
                Yes, that was added in 2011 (Reporting parameters)

                Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
                Other things to consider perhaps?

                Dimensions/Constraints:
                "Tolerance", "Handle X", "Handle Y" & "Handle Z" - like the OOTB families
                "Leaf Insert point" - defines a shared origin for placing hosted leaf families relative to hosted frame families (centrally/corner/other?)

                Graphics :
                Swing "style" (allows for differing conventions for showing swing in elevation)
                Tolerance: = Frame Host Offset ? (The gap between the host/wall and the frame...) Don´t care what we call it, as long as we agree on something

                Handle X, Y & Z: Personally I´ve been building my doors with a Handle Z parameter, but don´t remember ever changing it from the default 1000 mm´s, so I left them out....

                Leaf Insert Point: Why would you need a parameter for that ?

                Swing "style": Hmmm... personally I don´t have a need for that, but if that´s common for everyone else.... ?
                Klaus Munkholm
                "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

                Comment


                  #9
                  Subcategories (System / Seek / RFO)
                  Elevation Swing
                  Frame/Mullion
                  Glass
                  Hidden Lines
                  Opening
                  Panel
                  Plan Swing
                  Hardware
                  Muntin
                  Trim

                  Leaf
                  Elevation Swing Secondary Leaf
                  Plan Swing Secondary Leaf
                  Klaus Munkholm
                  "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                    Yes, that was added in 2011 (Reporting parameters)
                    Sweeet!


                    Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                    Tolerance: = Frame Host Offset ? (The gap between the host/wall and the frame...) Don´t care what we call it, as long as we agree on something
                    Agreed - that's one place to consider construction tolerances, then there's "between panel edges & frame" - which jumps (I guess) to:

                    Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                    Leaf Insert Point: Why would you need a parameter for that ?
                    I wasn't thinking to include it for parametric control (although there's no reason not to) but more to include as a convention/approach to building "door" families. I should probably draw something to explain myself better!

                    Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                    Handle X, Y & Z: Personally I´ve been building my doors with a Handle Z parameter, but don´t remember ever changing it from the default 1000 mm´s, so I left them out....
                    I guess I just think it's nice to have the option to control handle placement in all axis - for starters, different country building codes = different heights, and not all handles sit the same distance relative to the edge of the panel.

                    Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                    Swing "style": Hmmm... personally I don´t have a need for that, but if that´s common for everyone else.... ?
                    As above really, it might be a bit redundant for a one-country working, but it was a real nuisance to edit all our doors to have swings "reversed" for our Oz jobs.

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X