Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matchline in elevation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Matchline in elevation

    I placed matchlines in my plans. Do these also show up in the elevations? Or do I need to create new ones for my elevation views?

    #2
    Originally posted by t1shep View Post
    I placed matchlines in my plans. Do these also show up in the elevations? Or do I need to create new ones for my elevation views?
    there was a long and involved thread about this in that other Revit forum and IIRC the concensus was that they have to be placed separately in each view
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

    Comment


      #3
      If this is the case, I would recommend locking them to a RP (reference plane) so if you move the ML in plan/elevation it moves in the other.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
        If this is the case, I would recommend locking them to a RP (reference plane) so if you move the ML in plan/elevation it moves in the other.
        how would you do this? I can't Align a matchline to a RP so how would one get the padlock to lock the ML to the RP?
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
          how would you do this? I can't Align a matchline to a RP so how would one get the padlock to lock the ML to the RP?

          Having the RP already in place, create the matchline by "pick lines", selecting the RP, and lock it.
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

          Comment


            #6
            You can't allign after you have finished out of sketch mode. Select the match line->edit sketch->align the sketch lines to the RP.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
              Having the RP already in place, create the matchline by "pick lines", selecting the RP, and lock it.
              I would recommend making the RP a little longer than you want the ML so you can pick it and move it...but either way you just need to edit the sketch and allign...either by picking line, drawing, or alligning existing.

              Comment


                #8
                Thanks everyone. I'll give the RP lock a try.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                  Having the RP already in place, create the matchline by "pick lines", selecting the RP, and lock it.
                  OK, that locks the ML to the RP in plan but you still have to make another ML in elevation view and lock it too. Then when you move the RP both of the MLs move together? Just like the last time we discussed a similar issue over at the other place to me match lines seem very un Revit like. They should be "live". Make one in one view and it should be available in all other views. How is a match line any different than a model line with a dashed linetype? They are just a simple annotation type object.
                  I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                    OK, that locks the ML to the RP in plan but you still have to make another ML in elevation view and lock it too. Then when you move the RP both of the MLs move together? Just like the last time we discussed a similar issue over at the other place to me match lines seem very un Revit like. They should be "live". Make one in one view and it should be available in all other views. How is a match line any different than a model line with a dashed linetype? They are just a simple annotation type object.
                    Well, actually Model Lines AREN'T annotation objects, that would be the big difference... Model Lines are 3D components, that's the reason they are shown in all views. Otherwise it would be stupid to have them, since there's also Detail Lines.
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X