Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All 3 Revit flavors?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    All 3 Revit flavors?

    How many people are really knowledgeable in all 3 flavors of Revit?
    I was looking at http://autodesk.starttest.com/ to find people with certificates on Revit Structure and Revit MEP, but to my surprise, these certificates don't even exist yet! The list shows some special certificates on "Implementation" in MEP and RST, but I know from a good source that those certificates are only available for employees of Authorized Training Centers or Autodesk employees, not for the general public.

    I know very well that the list of certified people is not a true indicator of who is out there with the knowledge, especially considering that associates and professional certificates for RST and RMEP are not even on the list of criteria to search by in that database.

    I am asking this question due to a certain job application where the job description calls for somebody with a deep knowledge of all 3 flavors of Revit (and Navisworks).
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

    #2
    Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
    How many people are knowledgeable in all 3 flavors of Revit?
    I was looking at http://autodesk.starttest.com/ to find people with certificates on Revit Structure and Revit MEP, but to my surprise, these certificates don't even exist yet!

    I know very well that the list of certified people is not a true indicator of who is out there with the knowledge, especially considering that the certificates for RST and RMEP are not even on the list of criteria to search by in that database.

    I am asking this question due to a certain job application where the job description calls for somebody with a a deep knowledge of all 3 flavors of Revit (and Navisworks).
    If such a person existed, and I'm sure there there are one or two, they would be worth $250k USD a year IMO and could work for the SOM or HOK type of firms easily
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

    Comment


      #3
      For 250k a year I will gladly do what ever they need.
      -Alex Cunningham

      Comment


        #4
        I know a few of the Implementation guys around know all three. Im not speaking for anyone, but i *think* Steve Stafford uses (or implements) all three. Ive got all three at the office, and ive heavily used RST and RAC. Ive used RME enough to get around in it and teach it to our consultants, but id want a couple of weeks in it before being on billable work, LOL.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
          For 250k a year I will gladly do what ever they need.
          well then, you need only become proficient with RST and RMEP and you're in!
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
            I know a few of the Implementation guys around know all three. Im not speaking for anyone, but i *think* Steve Stafford uses (or implements) all three. Ive got all three at the office, and ive heavily used RST and RAC. Ive used RME enough to get around in it and teach it to our consultants, but id want a couple of weeks in it before being on billable work, LOL.
            I'd ask for a raise if I were you. You can use me as a reference
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              If such a person existed, and I'm sure there there are one or two, they would be worth $250k USD a year IMO and could work for the SOM or HOK type of firms easily
              Are you serious? actually, the salary is more close to $70k than to $250k, and SOM and HOK, combined, are small, in comparison.
              Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                I'd ask for a raise if I were you. You can use me as a reference
                There are VERY good reasons i moved across the country to work at Beck. They are very very good to me here.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                  Are you serious? actually, the salary is more close to $70k than to $250k, and SOM and HOK, combined, are small, in comparison.
                  I actually was serious. I don't mean this to sound wrong, but where I live $70k a year is minimum wage. I don't think that you could make ends meet if you only made $70k.
                  I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                    There are VERY good reasons i moved across the country to work at Beck. They are very very good to me here.
                    I'm glad to hear that. Between you and Alf there is some serious Revit knowledge going on in those two brains and I appreciate the contributions here from both of you!
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X