Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Position of Door Tags (or any tags for that matter):

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Default Position of Door Tags (or any tags for that matter):

    Hey Guys,

    Wondering if anyone knows of a way to "preset" the default position of a door tag. Seems to snap by default to the center of the door (geometry in the family), but it would be nice to have it automatically snap to the center of the door leaf...

    #2
    Originally posted by Jj Mac View Post
    Hey Guys,

    Wondering if anyone knows of a way to "preset" the default position of a door tag. Seems to snap by default to the center of the door (geometry in the family), but it would be nice to have it automatically snap to the center of the door leaf...
    how would the tag know which leaf to center in if you have a pair of doors?
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

    Comment


      #3
      Tags default to the intersection of origin reference planes.
      Greg McDowell Jr
      about.me/GMcDowellJr

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
        how would the tag know which leaf to center in if you have a pair of doors?
        If it's a nested components with 2 leafs in it, it needs to center between the leafs.
        If both leafs are nested separately, they need to be tagged separately...

        But I think the OP means that the placement of tags should follow the intersection of the refplanes labeled "Defines Origin"...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

        Comment


          #5
          There are two Reference Plane in the Door Family (and the Tag family, for that matter) that have the "Defines Origin" property set to true.
          The intersection of those two Planes defines where the Tag goes - kind of like how a Room Tags goes to the "X" of a Room.

          You can't really mess with those Planes, though, because they define other things like how the Door family flips.
          There's been a long-standing Wish-List item to allow us to specify where aTag would go, but - no action on that yet.
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

          CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
            If it's a nested components with 2 leafs in it, it needs to center between the leafs.
            If both leafs are nested separately, they need to be tagged separately...

            But I think the OP means that the placement of tags should follow the intersection of the refplanes labeled "Defines Origin"...
            maybe? I think that this is what the OP meant
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              maybe? I think that this is what the OP meant
              Well, to do that, you need to make the door leafs two separate families with the center ref plane defining origin... Then tag the door leaf, which is quite doable IF:
              create a custom shared text parameter. Link it to the parent ootb Mark parameter. The custom parameter now mimics the Mark parameter from the parent door family.
              create a door tag which reads the custom parameter and tag the leaf instead of the entire door.
              Done
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

              Comment


                #8
                Thanks for all the replies everyone,

                This is what I was affraid of - that it defaulted to the origin and that screwing around with that, would defiantly not be a good thing. This was more of a do-dilligence question anyway, so...

                I think we defianlty need to have the ablilty to definte a seperate "tag origin" in all families. And also a leader start origin in all annotation families. That would be the cat's wiskers.

                Thanks again guys!

                Happy Holidays!

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X