Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shared Parameter Possibility

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Shared Parameter Possibility

    hi guys, i want to create a shared parameter for my ramp. i want it to be shown in the schedule. is it possible to add a parameter with a formula? because that parameter is a volume computation of the volume of the ramp. i will use the helix 3d formula to compute the ramp volume. but i will create also a parameter for ramp length and ramp area, and i will use this parameter in my ramp volume parameter to compute the volume. is it possible? have anyone done this before?

    #2
    Originally posted by r7_human8y View Post
    hi guys, i want to create a shared parameter for my ramp. i want it to be shown in the schedule. is it possible to add a parameter with a formula? because that parameter is a volume computation of the volume of the ramp. i will use the helix 3d formula to compute the ramp volume. but i will create also a parameter for ramp length and ramp area, and i will use this parameter in my ramp volume parameter to compute the volume. is it possible? have anyone done this before?
    I know nothing of ramp construction or helix 3D formulas but normally if you want a computation from a schedule you do it with a Calculated Value in the schedule which creates its own parameter so a shared parameter is not required
    Last edited by Dave Jones; November 27, 2011, 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
      I know nothing of ramp construction or helix 3D formulas but normally if you want a computation from a schedule you do it with a Calculated Value in the schedule which creates its own parameter so a shared parameter is not required
      Hi dave, i tried calculated value in the schedule, but my problem is what kind of formula can you i put? Using the fields in schedule or any direct formula can be applied? Can you show me the process dave of inputting a real formula in the calculated value? Tnx.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by r7_human8y View Post
        Hi dave, i tried calculated value in the schedule, but my problem is what kind of formula can you i put? Using the fields in schedule or any direct formula can be applied? Can you show me the process dave of inputting a real formula in the calculated value? Tnx.
        Have you seen this thread about formulas ? Everything you ever wanted to know
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

        Comment


          #5
          Well, calculated value would be:

          Type = Volume
          Formula = Length * Area

          Quite simple, the only problem is that the ramp is a system family, which you can't add parameters too which refer to the actual geometry. And neither Area nor Length are available as a system parameter in the schedule

          A more suitable approach would be the Material Takeoff (which in fact will give you Material volume and surface area) but strangely Ramps aren't in that list. But with Alf's solution in your other thread that problem is solved too since you can schedule the In Place component.
          Last edited by mdradvies; November 27, 2011, 08:58 PM.
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          Working...
          X