Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New categories off by default

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New categories off by default

    Is there any way to create a new sub category in a family, and have it off by default in all views?

    For instance, I created a thermal expansion tank for my water heater. It's in the plumbing fixture category. I want to create a sub category for the tank, and have it already off in all views after I load it in the project.

    That way, I only have to turn it on in one view, instead of turning it off in ten views.
    Dan

    #2
    Originally posted by dzatto View Post
    Is there any way to create a new sub category in a family, and have it off by default in all views?

    For instance, I created a thermal expansion tank for my water heater. It's in the plumbing fixture category. I want to create a sub category for the tank, and have it already off in all views after I load it in the project.

    That way, I only have to turn it on in one view, instead of turning it off in ten views.
    I wouldn't know since I usually want to see the families I create... But you could try checking it off in the family editor before loading. If you're lucky this behaviour will be copied into the project.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
      I wouldn't know since I usually want to see the families I create... But you could try checking it off in the family editor before loading. If you're lucky this behaviour will be copied into the project.
      Well, I was just typing a long response and realized that when I gett off my ass and create a template, the view templates will already have it turned off. I really need to get started on that. lol
      Dan

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by dzatto View Post
        Well, I was just typing a long response and realized that when I gett off my ass and create a template, the view templates will already have it turned off. I really need to get started on that. lol
        I finally started working on mine yesterday. It's a very tedious process but I'm sure when (read if) I'm done, it will make me more productive
        Juan Carlos Moreno
        Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
        Sisley Cosmetics

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by dzatto View Post
          Well, I was just typing a long response and realized that when I gett off my ass and create a template, the view templates will already have it turned off. I really need to get started on that. lol
          No kidding...
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          Working...
          X