Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tagging Plumbing Fixtures

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tagging Plumbing Fixtures

    I know how to tag a fixture, but how would I tag 2 different parts of the same fixture?

    For example, I usually call out my lav and the faucet set. Or my water closet bowl and the tank.

    The plumbing fixtures are one piece, so how would I tag both of them? Or, is there a better way to schedule these things separately? I suppose I could just schedule the lav and then give the faucet model number in a notes section. That just seems so old school. lol

    I really don't want to create a family for each. That may be the only way, though. Create a separate family for one and nest it inside the other. If I do that, will the tag pick up each separate family, or just the parent family?
    Dan

    #2
    I would create a separate plumbing tag and use the type comments or description parameter as the item to tag and the add whatever you wished to note in that parameter.

    Cheers
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by dzatto View Post
      I really don't want to create a family for each. That may be the only way, though. Create a separate family for one and nest it inside the other. If I do that, will the tag pick up each separate family, or just the parent family?
      To my knowledge this is the only way to tag them seperately while being in one family. You have to make sure that the nested family is set to be "shared" in order for this to work.
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
        To my knowledge this is the only way to tag them seperately while being in one family. You have to make sure that the nested family is set to be "shared" in order for this to work.
        All this time, and it finally clicked what the "shared" checkbox does. At least I think it did.
        If you nest one family inside the other and don't select it, the parent family is what gets scheduled, right? If you share it, then you can schedule each family? Am I even close? lol
        Dan

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by dzatto View Post
          All this time, and it finally clicked what the "shared" checkbox does. At least I think it did.
          If you nest one family inside the other and don't select it, the parent family is what gets scheduled, right? If you share it, then you can schedule each family? Am I even close? lol
          BINGO!
          Or, I guess, to be more current:
          +1
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

          CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

          Comment


            #6
            Just to update:
            I took the OOTB toilet, for example. Deleted the tank and saved it as a bowl, deleted the bowl and saved it as a tank. Nested the tank in the bowl, added my parameters. Took all of about 5 minutes, if that.

            Now I can schedule and tag each of them, and my schedule looks perfect.

            I love Revit...............where's the kool aide??
            Dan

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by dzatto View Post
              All this time, and it finally clicked what the "shared" checkbox does. At least I think it did.
              If you nest one family inside the other and don't select it, the parent family is what gets scheduled, right? If you share it, then you can schedule each family? Am I even close? lol
              Geez, you forget things quickly!
              http://revitforum.org/showthread.php...ghlight=shared
              Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

              Comment


                #8
                LOL. Well, I said I wouldn't have remembered to check the shared box. I still didn't know what it did exactly. But I do now!
                Dan

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X