Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contour Problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Contour Problems

    Hey hey, I never had this problem untill I started working at a new company & the plans are colour shaded.
    Now how can I changed the contour labels masking colour?? I just hate the white blocks going all over. The fact that the labels are upside down don't even bother me as much as the white masking. (If you know how to change the upside down text, that would be good to know too)
    life's good :wine:

    simone allers
    senior draftsman
    Envisage Design Group

    #2
    Originally posted by SimAll View Post
    Hey hey, I never had this problem untill I started working at a new company & the plans are colour shaded.
    Now how can I changed the contour labels masking colour?? I just hate the white blocks going all over. The fact that the labels are upside down don't even bother me as much as the white masking. (If you know how to change the upside down text, that would be good to know too)
    I don't actually know what you mean but this should work (as it does for all annotation labels):
    Select the label, go to the Type Properties. Find out what the Annotation Family is, look it up in the Project Browser, right-click and open the Family. Select the label and turn the background from Opaque in Transparant (probably also in Type Properties). Save Family and reload in Project.

    EDIT: Could you post a printscreen of the upside-down text?
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by SimAll View Post
      ...(If you know how to change the upside down text, that would be good to know too)
      I am pretty certain you are stuck with the upside down text. :banghead: :banghead:

      Comment


        #4
        i've uploaded an image of what i mean. you'll notice it immediately, the red text with white masking around. I want the white to be changed to grey.
        Attached Files
        life's good :wine:

        simone allers
        senior draftsman
        Envisage Design Group

        Comment


          #5
          It looks like in your contour label family the "Keep Readable" option is not check. The white box might be something you are stuck with. Try changing the lable type to "transparent" and reloading it onto your project.
          -Alex Cunningham

          Comment


            #6
            That all good Alex, but where do I find all these options as they aren't in the Element Properties and Contour Labels is not under Family in the Project Browser?
            life's good :wine:

            simone allers
            senior draftsman
            Envisage Design Group

            Comment


              #7
              I believe that the contour label is a system family that cant be modified.
              At least I have not found a way to change those options
              Juan Carlos Moreno
              Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
              Sisley Cosmetics

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by SimAll View Post
                That all good Alex, but where do I find all these options as they aren't in the Element Properties and Contour Labels is not under Family in the Project Browser?
                It's a system family, so you are stuck with the parameters under type properties. :banghead: You may however change the transparency with the element override. I hope that helps.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by joeyd View Post
                  It's a system family, so you are stuck with the parameters under type properties. :banghead: You may however change the transparency with the element override. I hope that helps.
                  Yessir. Consistantly Inconsistant, hehehehe.
                  Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                  @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                    Yessir. Consistantly Inconsistant, hehehehe.
                    It sure would be nice if they ever decided to address all the little inconsistencies.

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X