Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tagging 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tagging 2

    I have drilled pier with a pier cap, and I would like it to tag my pier and cap with a single tag as shown in the image. However, for the pier type since I can select multiple families and types it shows the family names...and therefore my tag shows both my family name and the type name. Is their anyway to get it to just show the type name in the tag? I would like it to only read DP24
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gdoherty0102; September 26, 2011, 03:47 PM.

    #2
    Can't you just create a new tag that only has a type name parameter? That's how my structural column tags are. It only tags the type (i.e. W8X35), and not the family name (i.e. Structural Column).
    Dan

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by dzatto View Post
      Can't you just create a new tag that only has a type name parameter? That's how my structural column tags are. It only tags the type (i.e. W8X35), and not the family name (i.e. Structural Column).
      The main part of the tag can tag the parameter "Type", but when you have a nested family the second one as "Type" would read the same thing. Would it not?

      Comment


        #4
        Can you post a Revit file with just the footing and the tag?
        Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

        Comment


          #5
          This is just the file I have been working on, its not clean or pretty or anything...
          Attached Files

          Comment


            #6
            Well, your tag contains a shared parameter, "Pier type", that is set to display "Family type : structural foundation". If you want to show only the type, you would need to change the tag, replacing this shared parameter for the local parameter: "Type". It would still read the type named from the nested pier.
            Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

            Comment


              #7
              Do you use the TAB key when tagging?
              with nested families, a "type" label works fine, if you use TAB when tagging to catch only the nested element.

              But I guess you're not allowed to acces the type of the nested family with the same tag as for the main one. how could it be BTW with many nested elements?
              Julien
              "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
              P. DAC
              Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                Well, your tag contains a shared parameter, "Pier type", that is set to display "Family type : structural foundation". If you want to show only the type, you would need to change the tag, replacing this shared parameter for the local parameter: "Type". It would still read the type named from the nested pier.
                Tagging the Pier Type parameter was the only way I could figure out how to tag the sub family. If I change it to type I just get it to read the type of the Primary family twice rather than tagging the sub family? Am I missing something?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
                  Do you use the TAB key when tagging?
                  with nested families, a "type" label works fine, if you use TAB when tagging to catch only the nested element.

                  But I guess you're not allowed to acces the type of the nested family with the same tag as for the main one. how could it be BTW with many nested elements?
                  I can tab and tag, that works fine. I want to tag family 1 (the main family) and have it tag both 1A and 1B (the nested families) at the same time. 1 tag, 2 nested families.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
                    ...But I guess you're not allowed to acces the type of the nested family with the same tag as for the main one.
                    Yes, it is possible.

                    how could it be BTW with many nested elements?
                    Just more tabs, if the nested elements are shared.

                    An edit to my post above: just removing the tag that reads the shared parameter, keeping just "Type name" is enough to display the type of the pier cap and the type of the nested pier, using the same tag. This should not affect the schedules, where you can keep on using your shared parameter.
                    Attached Files
                    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X