Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable-way stations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cable-way stations

    I want to share with you guys my experience of having been part of the projects shown in this screen capture, taken from today´s edition of "El País", a newspaper of Cali, Colombia.

    These are renderings of the 4 stations of a cable-way transportation system that is going to start construction soon in Cali. In fact, the article in the newspaper says that some preliminary works will begin next Monday.

    These stations are being designed by a an architectural firm in Armenia, Colombia. They used to work with AutoCAD, but in the middle of last year they started taking basic online training on Revit Architecture with me, and then they took some intermediate level classes, and then, at the end they invited me to participate in these projects and help them get to a successful submission of design development plans for the four stations, which we did. This group of young architects, led by José Alejandro Yepes, is a very enthusiastic and fun group to work with. I shared with them 5 months of hard work on these projects, while enjoying the charming city of Armenia, in the midst of the coffee region.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfredo Medina; June 3, 2015, 11:22 PM.
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

    #2
    Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
    I want to share with you guys my experience of having been part of the projects shown in this screen capture, taken from today´s edition of "El País", a newspaper of Cali, Colombia.

    These are renderings of the 4 stations of a cable-way transportation system that is going to start construction soon in Cali. In fact, the article in the newspaper says that some preliminary works will begin next Monday.

    These stations are being designed by a firm named Elipse Arquitectura, in Armenia, Colombia. They used to work with AutoCAD, but in the middle of last year they started taking basic online training on Revit Architecture with me, and then they took some intermediate level classes, and then, at the end they invited me to participate in these projects and help them get to a successful submission of design development plans for the four stations, which we did. This group of young architects, led by José Alejandro Yepes, is a very enthusiastic and fun group to work with. I shared with them 2 months of hard work on these projects, while enjoying the charming city of Armenia, in the midst of the coffee region.
    nice work Alf! And, I love it when you are in the coffee region!! The Columbian coffee you sent me is only 1/2 gone as I'm hoarding it for myself on special occasions
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

    Comment


      #3
      Where in Calif?
      -Alex Cunningham

      Comment


        #4
        Not Calif, Cali a city in Colombia
        Juan Carlos Moreno
        Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
        Sisley Cosmetics

        Comment


          #5
          Oh i seee. my bad
          -Alex Cunningham

          Comment


            #6
            Totally NOT "Goin' back to Cali, Cali... Man I don't think so!"

            Gordon
            Pragmatic Praxis

            Comment


              #7
              I have no idea what the article says, but the pictures sure are pretty! :laugh:

              I still haven't figured out exactly what it is you do, but I'll trade jobs with you any time you want. :thumbsup: Although, they'd be lucky to get a few colored boxes instead of a fully designed cable way station thingy ma bob.
              Dan

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                Where in Calif?
                Originally posted by JCM View Post
                Not Calif, Cali a city in Colombia
                Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                Oh i seee. my bad
                Damn, I must spread some rep around before giving it to Alex again.

                That was classic right there. lol
                Dan

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by dzatto View Post
                  I have no idea what the article says, but the pictures sure are pretty! :laugh:

                  I still haven't figured out exactly what it is you do, but I'll trade jobs with you any time you want. :thumbsup: Although, they'd be lucky to get a few colored boxes instead of a fully designed cable way station thingy ma bob.
                  Dzatto, I teach Revit, online. I also create Revit families on demand. I also work on architectural projects when there is work, such as in the case of these cableway stations. I used to have more 'normal' jobs at architectural offices before, but that does not abound anymore around here, down in South Florida.
                  Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                    Dzatto, I teach Revit, online. I also create Revit families on demand. I also work on architectural projects when there is work, such as in the case of these cableway stations. I used to have more 'normal' jobs at architectural offices before, but that does not abound anymore around here, down in South Florida.
                    Alf, can you link to the cable station pictures that you sent me by email some time ago? I found the "grass" walls and roofs very interesting and ended up doing some research on the water retention system that was used. Someone else might have an interest in that too ??
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X