Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model fill patterns

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Model fill patterns

    Is there a way to override a model fill pattern to an element instead of drafting pattern? I am trying to assign a tiles pattern to a wall elevation but only the drafting patterns are selectable. The problem with using drafting patterns is that they remain at scale 1:1.

    #2
    So you are trying to change the hatch used in the material? I use Model patterns for those all the time (or actually I only use model patterns. So, I'm guessing you are trying to do something else. Can you explain a bit more?
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

    Comment


      #3
      It can be done by editing the txt file of the .pat file to include from what i remember a line stating model, preceded by a hash or other symbol. If you do a search here you should be able to find the exact process. I always have to look it up again every time i do it.
      Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

      Comment


        #4
        The HatchKit Add-In for Revit can create a new drafting or model fill by scaling from a fill that is already within the project.

        Hugh Adamson
        Cadro Pty Ltd
        Last edited by hugha; October 1, 2017, 04:28 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          It is a missing tool from revit's standard program.
          Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

          Comment


            #6
            I guess the proper way is to assign the pattern directly to the finish material of the wall type, and in order to change the pattern, instead of overriding it, you should create a new wall type. I just thought I could avoid this step!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
              So you are trying to change the hatch used in the material? I use Model patterns for those all the time (or actually I only use model patterns. So, I'm guessing you are trying to do something else. Can you explain a bit more?
              What I tried to do, is click on a wall in elevation, and click on override graphics -> by element. When you do that, in surface pattern it only allows you to choose from drafting fill patterns.

              Comment


                #8
                go to the wall properties, and choose a model pattern from the choices available, for the exterior layer.
                Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by alfani View Post
                  What I tried to do, is click on a wall in elevation, and click on override graphics -> by element. When you do that, in surface pattern it only allows you to choose from drafting fill patterns.
                  Well, I won't say you should never do that, but NEVER DO THAT !!
                  In the end you will not know which wall has what hatch on it and you will have all sorts of issues. If you wall needs another hatch, make another wallstyle.
                  Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
                  Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
                    Well, I won't say you should never do that, but NEVER DO THAT !!
                    In the end you will not know which wall has what hatch on it and you will have all sorts of issues. If you wall needs another hatch, make another wallstyle.
                    Ok I will go for a new wall type then

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X