Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Spark Now Available

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Project Spark Now Available

    Originally posted by David Light Blog View Post
    Be sure to check out Project Spark live on Autodesk Labs! Its essentially a get started in BIM application, a kind of Revit LT. :-)
    http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/spark/
    System requirements.
    http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/spark/system_reqs/
    More thoughts & feedback to follow.



    Click here to view the blog post.


    Not released for the Netherlands. I soo hate when they do that. :banghead:
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

    #2
    Interesting.

    But I'm confused.

    If David's write up is on the money.... and this is some kind of RevitLT, why would anyone need it? I mean, is Spark aimed at all those (only) wanting to build vernacular architecture?

    The caveat
    Project Spark is not intended to support conceptual design, analysis, rendering, advanced collaboration, and API.
    suggests so - since we (or at least most of us) would still need Vasari to do conceptual analysis, which is just as well since we'll also need to keep hold of Vasari if we want to (quickly) create complex, fantastic forms for architecture. But then what's 123D for then? Rudimentary content creation? And Showcase? To colour "it" all in? Still, at least we've Neon to render it all....

    If Spark's being aimed at non-professionals, surely student license access to every existing product fills that market, so why all these "new" ones?

    I know it's an Autodesk "project" - so potentially a new feature to an existing application, more than a standalone product, but I am still somewhat sceptical.

    Nonetheless, I shall be downloading it tomorrow...

    Comment


      #3
      Project Spark Now Available



      "Project Spark is not intended to support conceptual design, analysis, rendering, advanced collaboration, and API."


      So have these features actually been removed from the software? For a 'light' version i find 2.9 GB quite a large download. In fact it seems no smaller than downloading the full version...
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

      Comment


        #4
        "Not intended to support conceptual design..
        Is this because there is no massing capability? I could still use if for concept design with just simple walls..

        I can see Spark working great for one person jobs that just need to supply the specifics... Don't care for the RPC trees though...if you cannot render then what is the point putting them in?
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
          "Not intended to support conceptual design..
          Is this because there is no massing capability? I could still use if for concept design with just simple walls..?
          Yes this is mainly because there is no massing capability.

          Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
          Don't care for the RPC trees though...if you cannot render then what is the point putting them in?
          The RPC trees are still usefull as planting elements for a 2d site plan.
          Jeff Hanson
          Sr. Subject Matter Expert
          Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

          Comment


            #6
            Yep...and I killed the program seeing what it can do in Realistic view....
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

            Comment


              #7
              From SPARK FAQ....

              a. Can I open Revit 2012 files in Project Spark?
              No. Files created in Revit are not supported. However, Revit 2012 files can be linked into Project Spark.

              b. Can I open Project Spark files in Revit 2012?
              No. Files created in Project Spark will not open in Revit 2012.

              This is unacceptable... the same app, the same objects...
              I could understand (a) but (b) is really stupid... it is like if I can't open a dwg2000 with ACAD2010!

              I was wishing for a Revit Lite product for the last 2 years but now see that Adesk will create interopability problems once more!
              I want a Revit Lite or a modular Revit app... because I don't use massing, I don't use Rendering, I don't use Worksharing!
              Last edited by JTB; September 1, 2011, 06:45 AM.
              Revit Architecture - 3ds MAX Design - Octane Render - and many working hours...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by JTB View Post
                From SPARK FAQ....

                a. Can I open Revit 2012 files in Project Spark?
                No. Files created in Revit are not supported. However, Revit 2012 files can be linked into Project Spark.

                b. Can I open Project Spark files in Revit 2012?
                No. Files created in Project Spark will not open in Revit 2012.

                This is unacceptable... the same app, the same objects...
                I could understand (a) but (b) is really stupid... it is like if I can't open a dwg2000 with ACAD2010!

                I was wishing for a Revit Lite product for the last 2 years but now see that Adesk will create interopability problems once more!
                I want a Revit Lite or a modular Revit app... because I don't use massing, I don't use Rendering, I don't use Worksharing!
                Okay....figured out "a" just by trying....guess I should have read the FAQ's first (yeah, like that is going to happen)...but I guess I don't have to test "b" now...

                So once its created in Spark it stays in Spark....hmmm....and it used to be that once a project was workshared it stayed workshared....
                Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Argh, this is why I try to resist commenting on the blog-feed threads, THERE ARE SO MANY MULTIPLES

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Yeah people, start writing your own stuff!!! :laugh:
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X