Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roof windows showing in level 2 plan view - why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Roof windows showing in level 2 plan view - why?

    I added 4 velux roof windows into the roof (hosted by the roof), they are visible in the roof plan etc, all is correct. But then when I opened the 2nd floor plan (which is only walls, no roof) it shows the velux roof windows - just suspended in mid air. Now they do not disappear until I adjust the view range down to about 300mm then they disappear (even though they are 1000mm above the level and 999mm should be enough but no). And that would be fine but I have windows in the gable wall and they also then disappear too because it is below their view range. The roof windows are also constrained to the roof level in properties.

    How can i fix this to stop them showing in my 2nd floor plan?

    Help greatly appreciated.

    #2
    I have previously edited roof window family and changed family type to "generic model" to deal with this problem.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by powerwest View Post
      I have previously edited roof window family and changed family type to "generic model" to deal with this problem.
      Not quite sure I follow you. So after modifying the Velux windows you then change it to 'Generic model'? I don't have any generic roof windows unfortunately - there are a lot of generic families missing for some reason.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by jdmorrisn View Post
        Not quite sure I follow you. So after modifying the Velux windows you then change it to 'Generic model'? I don't have any generic roof windows unfortunately - there are a lot of generic families missing for some reason.
        Change the category of the velux window to generic model is what powerwest was getting at...
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

        Comment


          #5
          If you don't want to edit the family in any way..
          change their visibility/display in that view, by override in view.
          or use VG, depending if you need to see other items in that category
          or hide in view, (principally used for hiding one member of a category and not the other members)
          Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

          Comment


            #6
            Re query on changing family category - image attached
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by powerwest View Post
              Re query on changing family category - image attached
              Unfortunately that didn't help, but thanks.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by biff View Post
                If you don't want to edit the family in any way..
                change their visibility/display in that view, by override in view.
                or use VG, depending if you need to see other items in that category
                or hide in view, (principally used for hiding one member of a category and not the other members)
                Thanks for that, just discovered a little gem i didn't know of before - I'll probably wind up using this often - thanks, it worked.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Rather than override in view, I like to create a simple filter and apply it to the view template. It's cleaner to me, plus if you decided to add a few more windows, they will be hidden automatically. No need to remember to go back and manually override them. Same goes if you create another plan view that uses the same template. If you don't use the same template you can easily just add the filter you've already created to whatever template you're using for that view.
                  Last edited by dzatto; August 17, 2017, 08:54 PM.
                  Dan

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by dzatto View Post
                    Rather than override in view, I like to create a simple filter and apply it to the view template. It's cleaner to me, plus if you decided to add a few more windows, they will be hidden automatically. No need to remember to go back and manually override them. Same goes if you create another plan view that uses the same template. If you don't use the same template you can easily just add the filter you've already created to whatever template you're using for that view.
                    Plus, with filters you can go through and find what's been hidden easily to modify/unhide it. When things are hidden in views it's really difficult to find them again, since the hidden items screen shows things turned off by category and filter too.
                    Julie Kidder
                    Architect + BIM Director
                    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X