Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 2018.1 Content, Where?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New 2018.1 Content, Where?

    The help for the latest update tells me that:

    The following Content is contained within the self-extracting executables:
    Casement, awning, sliding, fixed, bay and double hung windows added which have defined trim and muntins for English
    Furniture System families and system configuration sample for English,
    etc
    etc.

    When I go looking at the C: ProgramData/.... RVT 2018/Libraries/UK folder I cannot find any family with a 2017 date. Eg, specifically all the windows are 18/01/2016. I would have thought there would be some xx/xx/2017 dates for the windows. Interestingly most of my folders are dated 08/05/2017

    Anyone know where I can find all the new content?
    BTW, I have download the RVT2018_1_English_Content.exe file.

    Thanks
    Damian

    #2
    AFAIK you're not the only one. Is anybody out there who actually got this content, not that I have high hopes regarding its quality? Just being curious.

    Comment


      #3
      Opening template files, in the UK -> 'ResidentialGBRENU.rte' file, the sheet 'A99 - What's New in Templates and Content' tells me "The main changes to the Content is the inclusion of over 590 new Detail Components and 70 Repeating Details, these along with the rest of the Library (Over 1650 Families) have all had NBS keynote references added where applicable."

      Still searching........

      Comment


        #4
        https://knowledge.autodesk.com/searc...1-content.html

        Comment


          #5
          Yup, that's the link I have in my OP. What I'm asking though is, where are the new files on my PC after I install the 2018.1 update?

          Comment


            #6
            so you're saying that you installed RVT2018_1_English_Content.exe and the content is not at C:\Program Data\Autodesk\Revit 2018. The .exe is 856MB so it's got to have some large amount of content.
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              so you're saying that you installed RVT2018_1_English_Content.exe and the content is not at C:\Program Data\Autodesk\Revit 2018. The .exe is 856MB so it's got to have some large amount of content.
              Hi Dave,

              I installed Revit 2018 many weeks ago.
              A few days ago I upgraded, via the Deesktop App, to 2018.1
              Today I was looking to see what changes there were to 2018.1 and noticed that there were many new families, so I loaded up one of the new templates and was surprised that Revit 2018 said it was upgrading the template from 2017.
              I went to check in my folder C: ProgramData/.... RVT 2018/Templates and was surprised that the template files were all January 2016.
              It would appear that my 2018.1 update did not install the 2018.1 content, but I wouldn't swear to his.
              So my next step was to download and install the 2018.1 content. This was from the link in my OP.
              Then I went to check in C: ProgramData/.... RVT 2018/Libraries/UK to see what family files were updated, focusing on windows as the Knowledge Network mentioned several windows were updated.
              I cannot see any family file with a 2017 date. All the windows have a 18/01/2016 date. However the folders within /Libraries/UK have dates like 08/05/2017 and 20/07/2017.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Damo View Post
                Hi Dave,

                I installed Revit 2018 many weeks ago.
                A few days ago I upgraded, via the Deesktop App, to 2018.1
                Today I was looking to see what changes there were to 2018.1 and noticed that there were many new families, so I loaded up one of the new templates and was surprised that Revit 2018 said it was upgrading the template from 2017.
                I went to check in my folder C: ProgramData/.... RVT 2018/Templates and was surprised that the template files were all January 2016.
                It would appear that my 2018.1 update did not install the 2018.1 content, but I wouldn't swear to his.
                So my next step was to download and install the 2018.1 content. This was from the link in my OP.
                Then I went to check in C: ProgramData/.... RVT 2018/Libraries/UK to see what family files were updated, focusing on windows as the Knowledge Network mentioned several windows were updated.
                I cannot see any family file with a 2017 date. All the windows have a 18/01/2016 date. However the folders within /Libraries/UK have dates like 08/05/2017 and 20/07/2017.
                just for grins I installed the update and in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2018\Libraries\UK there is a ton of content dated 7/20/17. The update also installed content for 21 countries that I didn't expect to be installed since I selected 2018_1_English_Content.exe so now I'll spend the time to delete all of the unwanted crap content. Thanks Autodesk...sometimes I wonder who runs that show
                I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                  just for grins I installed the update and in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2018\Libraries\UK there is a ton of content dated 7/20/17. The update also installed content for 21 countries that I didn't expect to be installed since I selected 2018_1_English_Content.exe so now I'll spend the time to delete all of the unwanted crap content. Thanks Autodesk...sometimes I wonder who runs that show
                  Well, thanks for joining the select group.

                  When you say 'ton of content dated 7/20/17', are you referring to the dates of the folders, or the actual files? All my UK folders are 20/07/2017 but the files are older. Some UK/Structural Framing/Steel/British Standard are 26 June 2017, like the circular hollow section (singular item), but I cannot find 2017 windows or furniture, as the ADSK Content link suggests.

                  Oh, and yah, I've got 24 additional folders. Good to see that the Egyptian, Greek, Thai etc content has 26 June 2017 steel.... but where is my new UK stuff?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Damo View Post
                    Well, thanks for joining the select group.

                    When you say 'ton of content dated 7/20/17', are you referring to the dates of the folders, or the actual files? All my UK folders are 20/07/2017 but the files are older. Some UK/Structural Framing/Steel/British Standard are 26 June 2017, like the circular hollow section (singular item), but I cannot find 2017 windows or furniture, as the ADSK Content link suggests.

                    Oh, and yah, I've got 24 additional folders. Good to see that the Egyptian, Greek, Thai etc content has 26 June 2017 steel.... but where is my new UK stuff?
                    folder dates, but every folder with a date of today was installed or updated today. I didn't have the time to drill into all of the various folders and check file dates. Now it's all uninstalled as I don't use Adesk crap families :hide:
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X