Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curtain wall in angular wall

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Curtain wall in angular wall

    Hi guys/girls

    Sorry if there is another post here about this (you could point me in that direction or just answer me here).

    So I have this wall like you can see in attached picture 000001 were I want the red line to be a window (curtain). You can see on picture 000002 how that's working out.
    I uploaded a small file with the wall if you would like to try it.
    Should i use some kind of mass in this part of the house or what ?

    Thank you
    Attached Files

    #2
    Originally posted by HSG11 View Post
    Hi guys/girls

    Sorry if there is another post here about this (you could point me in that direction or just answer me here).

    So I have this wall like you can see in attached picture 000001 were I want the red line to be a window (curtain). You can see on picture 000002 how that's working out.
    I uploaded a small file with the wall if you would like to try it.
    Should i use some kind of mass in this part of the house or what ?

    Thank you
    No mass required. Just create a standard curtain wall type with perimeter mullions as desired. Set the curtain wall to automatically embed. Bottom frame would have a bottom offset of 1200mm and an unconstrained height of 600mm. In plan view start on the right, pick the right jamb location, pick the right corner point, the left corner point, then the left jamb and Esc out. Unpin and delete the corner mullions and the heads and sills will automatically miter. If you want a corner mullion make it from a Generic model family. Once you have the bottom curtain wall done, just copy it down in plan, change the base offset (or the level if desired) to the next frame location above, then move it back into the correct plane, then repeat for the last one at the top.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
      No mass required. Just create a standard curtain wall type with perimeter mullions as desired. Set the curtain wall to automatically embed. Bottom frame would have a bottom offset of 1200mm and an unconstrained height of 600mm. In plan view start on the right, pick the right jamb location, pick the right corner point, the left corner point, then the left jamb and Esc out. Unpin and delete the corner mullions and the heads and sills will automatically miter. If you want a corner mullion make it from a Generic model family. Once you have the bottom curtain wall done, just copy it down in plan, change the base offset (or the level if desired) to the next frame location above, then move it back into the correct plane, then repeat for the last one at the top.
      The problem is the corners. Revit STILL will not automatically embed a corner curtain/storefront wall condition embedded into a host corner wall condition, correctly. There's always a little piece of wall left from one of the host walls. Even if you set the host wall join condition to Miter, you're left with a piece of wall on both sides. The only solution is to either edit the profile of the host wall(s) to make the opening for the storefront, or model separate walls above and below the storefront.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
        The problem is the corners. Revit STILL will not automatically embed a corner curtain/storefront wall condition embedded into a host corner wall condition, correctly. There's always a little piece of wall left from one of the host walls. Even if you set the host wall join condition to Miter, you're left with a piece of wall on both sides. The only solution is to either edit the profile of the host wall(s) to make the opening for the storefront, or model separate walls above and below the storefront.
        I agree with all of that. The OP asked for advice about how to create the curtain wall not fix the walls, which IMO weren't created correctly for a curtain wall frame in the first place. But, that's a different subject for questions and answers :beer:
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

        Comment


          #5
          He attached the 2nd screen shot of "how that's working out". The obvious problem is the corners. Revit will not correctly embed a curtain wall into a host wall that turns a corner.

          Comment


            #6
            A window with a void would work a lot better in this situation...
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
              He attached the 2nd screen shot of "how that's working out". The obvious problem is the corners. Revit will not correctly embed a curtain wall into a host wall that turns a corner.
              oh, so what, now you want me to closely read the instructions? LOL!
              I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X