Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make this Metal Door Gates

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to make this Metal Door Gates

    Hi,

    I am new to Revit and do not have any idea how to model this family type. I have look onto to websites but, did not succeeded.



    I am currently using Revit 2014

    Appreciate any help.

    Thank you,

    Wehlee
    Attached Files

    #2
    How do you intend to use them? How flexible do they need to be? Is it just a simple extrusion? Are these completely new families or are you modifying an existing family to add a new panel type?
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

    Comment


      #3
      what always cracks me up is posts that start with "I'm new to Revit...." then proceed to ask how to model the most intricate object on the face of the planet. Whatever happened to starting with a simple parametric door?
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

      Comment


        #4
        Build the design part as a generic model then nest it into a panel for the frame portion.

        Because of the design though, I probably wouldn't make it parametric for a beginner...but it is possible.

        The design part is just a lot of sweeps and/or extrusions. I wouldn't model it any more than that though.
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
          Build the design part as a generic model then nest it into a panel for the frame portion.

          Because of the design though, I probably wouldn't make it parametric for a beginner...but it is possible.

          The design part is just a lot of sweeps and/or extrusions. I wouldn't model it any more than that though.
          LOL! you must have missed the "I'm new to Revit part of the OP. I've using Revit basically 7 days a week for almost 8 years and can family built anything that can be created on the face of the earth...but, the only reason I'd ever attempt to model those doors is to win the Million Dollar Grand Prize
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
            LOL! you must have missed the "I'm new to Revit part of the OP. I've using Revit basically 7 days a week for almost 8 years and can family built anything that can be created on the face of the earth...but, the only reason I'd ever attempt to model those doors is to win the Million Dollar Grand Prize
            Nope, I got that part....I just don't have the time to explain exactly how to do it and a screencast and all the other stuff.
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              LOL! you must have missed the "I'm new to Revit part of the OP. I've using Revit basically 7 days a week for almost 8 years and can family built anything that can be created on the face of the earth...but, the only reason I'd ever attempt to model those doors is to win the Million Dollar Grand Prize

              Dont they make pumpkins for that?
              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

              Comment


                #8
                Well, I am sorry if I was just being honest that I am new to Revit.

                I was just asking for an assistance and I do not need RUDENESS. If I have been using Revit for longer time. I wont bother asking such question.

                If you got nothing to say good or ****** off with the TS then, why you bother reading and typing reply that is not helpful.

                I though joining this forum would help me develop my knowledge in using Revit.

                Thank you anyway.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by WehleeArolf View Post
                  Well, I am sorry if I was just being honest that I am new to Revit.

                  I was just asking for an assistance and I do not need RUDENESS. If I have been using Revit for longer time. I wont bother asking such question.

                  If you got nothing to say good or ****** off with the TS then, why you bother reading and typing reply that is not helpful.

                  I though joining this forum would help me develop my knowledge in using Revit.

                  Thank you anyway.
                  you have your answer in Michael's post #4 above
                  There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by WehleeArolf View Post
                    Well, I am sorry if I was just being honest that I am new to Revit.

                    I was just asking for an assistance and I do not need RUDENESS. If I have been using Revit for longer time. I wont bother asking such question.

                    If you got nothing to say good or ****** off with the TS then, why you bother reading and typing reply that is not helpful.

                    I though joining this forum would help me develop my knowledge in using Revit.

                    Thank you anyway.
                    if you were speaking to me, then I apologize if you considered my post in answer to yours to be rude. But, I think that if you'd consider your lack of Revit ability vs the modeling that you are seeking help with, you may understand my point. It's OK to be a Revit beginner, everyone was at some point but as a beginner the normal learning process is to start with simple things, become more and more proficient, then on to more complicated things. Again, I'm sorry if you thought I was being rude, it wasn't my intent. Welcome to the forum btw, happiest Revit place there is
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X