Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphic card upgrade or more memory

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Graphic card upgrade or more memory

    Hello everybody,

    I'am using Revit 2017 and I want the upgrade my Graphic Card or more memory,


    I use a
    Graphic Card: Geforce 750 ti, 2GB
    Processor: Intel CPU I7 4770
    and 8 GB memory 1600 MHz..

    So let me know what you think what is better...
    8 GB memory so I have 16 GB or better Graphic Card for faster performance.

    Thanks a lot...

    (mag ook in het nederlands, voor degene die dit lezen...)

    #2
    Thread moved
    -snowyweston

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Erik, welcome to RFO!

      That looks like a pretty fast system, so unless you're running out of RAM, you're not going to be able to increase performance much with hardware.

      1. Unless you're having some sort of issues with your GPU, upgrading your video card is unlikely to help with performance. The GTX 750Ti is a decent card for typical Revit usage.

      2. RAM: What size projects are you working on (both size of files, how many linked together, as well as type of projects)? Are you running out of memory (getting any memory warnings or sudden slow-downs?)? If you already have enough RAM, more RAM isn't going to help. 16GB is recommended just because RAM is so inexpensive, and covers about 90% of usage cases, so may as well, but 8GB is still enough for a most users.

      3. Do you have an SSD? By itself, it won't really improve Revit performance, but it does make the computer feel much faster, and if you do run out of RAM, it can mitigate performance hits.

      Are you experiencing unusually sluggish performance or you'd just like Revit to be a little faster (wouldn't we all! ;-) ). With a good hardware setup like yours, often major performance issues are related to the way the Revit model is constructed.

      Originally posted by Erik78 View Post
      Hello everybody,

      I'am using Revit 2017 and I want the upgrade my Graphic Card or more memory,


      I use a
      Graphic Card: Geforce 750 ti, 2GB
      Processor: Intel CPU I7 4770
      and 8 GB memory 1600 MHz..

      So let me know what you think what is better...
      8 GB memory so I have 16 GB or better Graphic Card for faster performance.

      Thanks a lot...

      (mag ook in het nederlands, voor degene die dit lezen...)
      Last edited by iru69; April 23, 2017, 12:38 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by iru69 View Post
        Hi Erik, welcome to RFO!

        That looks like a pretty fast system, so unless you're running out of RAM, you're not going to be able to increase performance much with hardware.

        1. Unless you're having some sort of issues with your GPU, upgrading your video card is unlikely to help with performance. The GTX 750Ti is a decent card for typical Revit usage.

        2. RAM: What size projects are you working on (both size of files, how many linked together, as well as type of projects)? Are you running out of memory (getting any memory warnings or sudden slow-downs?)? If you already have enough RAM, more RAM isn't going to help. 16GB is recommended just because RAM is so inexpensive, and covers about 90% of usage cases, so may as well, but 8GB is still enough for a most users.

        3. Do you have an SSD? By itself, it won't really improve Revit performance, but it does make the computer feel much faster, and if you do run out of RAM, it can mitigate performance hits.

        Are you experiencing unusually sluggish performance or you'd just like Revit to be a little faster (wouldn't we all! ;-) ). With a good hardware setup like yours, often major performance issues are related to the way the Revit model is constructed.
        Iru69'

        thanks for you're post in my thread. Here Some anwsers:

        1. I Have set this this system up for Revit 2014 and this was the best graphic card at that moment. I'am thinking of buying a GTX 1050ti 4GB or a 1060 6GB.

        2. At the moment I work in small projects and try to learn more. How the program works, how I can make good family's and drawings.. But another 8 GB of 1600 mhz ddr3 would be nice....

        3. I am using a Samsung EVO 500GB SSD card and a NAS system of Sygnology with 2 HDD of 3TB..

        so maybe you can help me futher with the choices to make..

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Erik78 View Post
          Iru69'

          thanks for you're post in my thread. Here Some anwsers:

          1. I Have set this this system up for Revit 2014 and this was the best graphic card at that moment. I'am thinking of buying a GTX 1050ti 4GB or a 1060 6GB.

          2. At the moment I work in small projects and try to learn more. How the program works, how I can make good family's and drawings.. But another 8 GB of 1600 mhz ddr3 would be nice....

          3. I am using a Samsung EVO 500GB SSD card and a NAS system of Sygnology with 2 HDD of 3TB..

          so maybe you can help me futher with the choices to make..
          Erik, save your money until you actually need a faster GPU or more RAM. Good luck!

          Comment


            #6
            I'm running a used HP z400 with 16Gb RAM and a 4 core W3520 Xeon at home. I only upgraded it with a 240Gb SSD (it's worth it specially when you put revit local files on it...) and a GTX 1055ti and it handles all the models from work without a glitch. Good thing about the 1055ti is that it does not need additional power from the PSU, it works with the 75Watts of the PCIe bus.

            Regards

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            Working...
            X