Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autocad Structural Detailing (ASD) - General

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Autocad Structural Detailing (ASD) - General

    Hi

    Is there anyone around here working with this program?

    I'm just curios to see (if) how many people use this "AutoCad Vertical".

    Lucian.
    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

    #2
    We have it disabled on our license server. People were going into ASD and pulling licenses from our revit structural department. Plus we arnt using AutoCAD for detailing. I highly recomend trying to use Revit 100% on a project. It might have its down but the ups outweight the downs.
    -Alex Cunningham

    Comment


      #3
      I don't get ASD. What's the logic in telling RAC users "sure you can do all detailing in Revit. And we continue to develop it, here's the possibility of 3D detailing" and telling structural users "detailing in Revit is crap. Here's an autocad vertical to do some decent work in". Anybody? Does autocad do stuff Revit can't? Not talking about layers, fillet command, UCS, and that crap. Seriously, why on earth encourage people to go back to the stone-age?
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

      Comment


        #4
        Revit still can not do a great job of doing steel detailing...this would be our primary reason to use ASD.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
          Revit still can not do a great job of doing steel detailing...this would be our primary reason to use ASD.
          Please explain, give me examples. Are you talking about shop drawings.
          -Alex Cunningham

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
            Revit still can not do a great job of doing steel detailing...this would be our primary reason to use ASD.
            Sorry, but I disagree. I do ALL my steel detailing in RAC. That works too, so I imagine RST can't have any problems with it.
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              Sorry, but I disagree. I do ALL my steel detailing in RAC. That works too, so I imagine RST can't have any problems with it.
              Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
              Please explain, give me examples. Are you talking about shop drawings.
              Yes, I am talking about shop drawings. Not just regular CD detailing. ASD's usefulness comes into play with fabrication/shop drawings for most things.

              Martijn, if you are doing shops in Revit as well, please post! I would love to see, I would much rather use Revit than to go into ASD for shops.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
                Yes, I am talking about shop drawings. Not just regular CD detailing. ASD's usefulness comes into play with fabrication/shop drawings for most things.

                Martijn, if you are doing shops in Revit as well, please post! I would love to see, I would much rather use Revit than to go into ASD for shops.
                I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Could you post some examples of stuff you do in ASD?
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                  I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Could you post some examples of stuff you do in ASD?
                  Here are some examples:
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by lucis29; August 30, 2011, 06:13 AM.
                  Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hello,


                    Here in the company i work we are with 6 people that make the drawings. We all use autocad 2012 to do this.
                    Then there are two of us (including me), that have recently been upgraded with Revit Structure.
                    http://www.vanbragtbv.nl/

                    I think i have still a lot to learn in revit before i can do the things i do with autocad. Don't understand me wrong, i don't say autocad is better.
                    I simply can not tell for myself at this point. I'm now working on a template in revit, and find a lot that needs to be done befor i can get the result i want.

                    He Martijn now i'm curious to see your exaples.

                    My intention is to learn revit at a point i can use it for 100%.


                    Greetz Bross.
                    Last edited by Bross; August 30, 2011, 01:46 PM. Reason: Ad website of my company.
                    http://bross.webklik.nl/page/homepage
                    www.vanbragtbv.nl

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X