Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nested family label in IF THEN statement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nested family label in IF THEN statement

    Is it possible to reference a labeled nested family in a formula? Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is that when I change the Inlet Option (see attached) I'd like to be able to drive my Curb D parameter (when the inlet option changes the curb needs to adjust). I know I could accomplish this with YES/NO parameters but seems like it'd be much cleaner this way.
    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

    #2
    I found a webpage yesterday on the Autodesk help that references these labels as IF(UserSelect=blablabla,formula, formula) but can't seem to get it to work. All these big heads on here and no comments?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by kwandrew2 View Post
      I found a webpage yesterday on the Autodesk help that references these labels as IF(UserSelect=blablabla,formula, formula) but can't seem to get it to work. All these big heads on here and no comments?
      I don't have the link in front of me, but the general idea is to use the IF to select between parameters, not the type values directly.

      You will have to create a <family type> parameter for each of your choices; set them to the respective family types. Use the IF statement to choose between the parameters.

      Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
      Chris Ellersick

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by cellersick View Post
        You will have to create a <family type> parameter for each of your choices; set them to the respective family types. Use the IF statement to choose between the parameters.
        Chris, I'm unsure what you mean by the response above. I'm trying to change the value of a length parameter based on the type of nested interchangeable component selected (user selected).

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by kwandrew2 View Post
          Chris, I'm unsure what you mean by the response above. I'm trying to change the value of a length parameter based on the type of nested interchangeable component selected (user selected).
          Ah. Thought you were using the IF to change a labeled family type.

          In that case, the workflow is to create a 'user choice' integer parameter and evaluate that in the IF. Ex: if(userChoice=0, 3'-0",if(userChoice=1, 2'-0",....)) and so on. To make things easier for the user, add Y/N parameters that explain the choices.


          Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          Chris Ellersick

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          Working...
          X