Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C4R doesn't seem to like one person

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    C4R doesn't seem to like one person

    I have one person that keeps getting dumped from the C4R project. He's even been made an admin to the project and yet he continues to have issues accessing the model.

    Needless to say, I don't think this team, or anyone they talk with in the office, will ever give it another go. Still, any thoughts as to what might be going on? IT has contacted Autodesk several times... no idea what they're doing.
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

    #2
    Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
    I have one person that keeps getting dumped from the C4R project. He's even been made an admin to the project and yet he continues to have issues accessing the model.

    Needless to say, I don't think this team, or anyone they talk with in the office, will ever give it another go. Still, any thoughts as to what might be going on? IT has contacted Autodesk several times... no idea what they're doing.
    Same build of Revit AND same version of C4R? In 2017 they get updated together (if you use the subscription update without unbundling), in 2016 you have to make sure they do.
    Pragmatic Praxis

    Comment


      #3
      With the way things go around here, it's good possibility that answer is "no." Does everyone need to be on the same version? I know they should be (see first sentence).
      Greg McDowell Jr
      about.me/GMcDowellJr

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
        With the way things go around here, it's good possibility that answer is "no." Does everyone need to be on the same version? I know they should be (see first sentence).
        I believe that the answer is Yes. We have had 4 people working on a project via C4R with R2016 for over a year now and have never had an internal "can't connect" or "can't stay connected" issue. We do update our Revit and C4R at exactly the same time though
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
          With the way things go around here, it's good possibility that answer is "no." Does everyone need to be on the same version? I know they should be (see first sentence).
          It's certainly a best practice to have everybody on the same update version, but it's not required. We test and support side-by-side client installs across project team members.

          What I'm more interested in is why the operations are failing for this team member. Do you guys have a Journal you can share that captures a failed SWC or Model Open command? That would be most helpful to diagnose things.

          -Kyle
          Director
          Building Design Strategy

          Comment


            #6
            The team pulled out of C4R as a result of this issue so it's unlikely at this point I could get a journal file. We did submit a support request to Autodesk, several times I think, even escalating it once. No resolution that I was made aware of.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Greg McDowell Jr
            about.me/GMcDowellJr

            Comment


              #7
              Send me a PM with the case ID if you don't mind. I'm interested if a Journal was ever sent, as that would show some of the nitty gritty of what was going on when the operation(s) failed.

              -Kyle
              Director
              Building Design Strategy

              Comment


                #8
                Greg-

                Does someone at the organization clean out the journal files? If not, i would think they were still sitting in the local appdata folder...
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                  Greg-

                  Does someone at the organization clean out the journal files? If not, i would think they were still sitting in the local appdata folder...
                  Not that I know of. Honestly, I never deal with journal files so didn't think to look past my assumptions that they got cleaned out automatically.

                  Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                  Send me a PM with the case ID if you don't mind. I'm interested if a Journal was ever sent, as that would show some of the nitty gritty of what was going on when the operation(s) failed.

                  -Kyle
                  I'll see if I can find it.

                  -----

                  Got them both and PMing to Kyle.
                  Last edited by GMcDowellJr; April 5, 2017, 12:03 AM.
                  Greg McDowell Jr
                  about.me/GMcDowellJr

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I seem to have the same challenge. All users are on VMWARE and yet one user is repeatedly getting corruption errors. I have removed the local cache three times over the last two weeks. Opened a ticket with Autodesk. No response.
                    Is it just a coincidence that the repeat typo I make for C4R has a dollar sign in it.... :-)


                    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    Loading...
                    Working...
                    X