Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crazy text leader

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    crazy text leader

    Or I'm crazy. I fear I'm missing something obvious and google isn't helping me either. I'm typing in some text notes on a few sections and details, but at any scale 1:20 or larger my text leader lines are sticking to either the top or the bottom of the text note, they won't attach to the sides...unless i squish the text box up. It's happening in other views too. See attached images of a squashed and stretched text note.



    Attached Files
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

    #2
    Surely this is an easy one and im missing the obvious...
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by elton williams View Post
      Surely this is an easy one and im missing the obvious...
      what version of Revit are you in? I can't replicate that issue in either R2015 or R2016 but didn't have a chance to try it in R2017. Sometimes this happens to me but only with right justified text, never with left justified. Don't know why but I've had this issue since R2014.
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

      Comment


        #4
        This is a 2015 project and looks to be the same as in your image Dave. Thing is I can't get the leader back to where it should be. Also, if I try rotating the text note (with the little squiggly on the box) the text starts shifting off outside the box like its orbit point is off in 3D somewhere. If it happens again I'll try and get another screen shot.
        So weird, I have never seen this before.
        Last edited by elton williams; March 26, 2017, 09:14 PM.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by elton williams View Post
          This is a 2015 project and looks to be the same as in your image Dave. Thing is I can't get the leader back to where it should be. Also, if I try rotating the text note (with the little squiggly on the box) the text starts shifting off outside the box like its orbit point is off in 3D somewhere. If it happens again I'll try and get another screen shot.
          So weird, I have never seen this before.
          my screen shot was from R2015 also. The screwed up annotation deal doesn't happen every time but it does only happen for me with left justified text. I've also seen the issue you describe with text shifting outside of the text box. This also is an occasional happening so no way that I know of to run it down. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help but at least you know that it's not just you
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
            my screen shot was from R2015 also. The screwed up annotation deal doesn't happen every time but it does only happen for me with left justified text. I've also seen the issue you describe with text shifting outside of the text box. This also is an occasional happening so no way that I know of to run it down. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help but at least you know that it's not just you
            I think I have an idea of what's causing it, in this case at least. It seems to happen when I place the text in the middle of a split view. This image is a single section with the view crop split down the middle. The text note shown is a copied from one place to the next (one inside the real view crop, one in the split zone), and copying in either direction causes it to move the text leader on it's own. Frustrating to say the least.

            Attached Files
            There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

            Comment


              #7
              Yep, you have found the problem. I have this issue with split crop still with 2017 unfortunately.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Chris Needham View Post
                Yep, you have found the problem. I have this issue with split crop still with 2017 unfortunately.
                Thanks for the confirmation guys. I'm calling it a bug.
                There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yeah, still a major bug.

                  WTF are the developers doing? 2017 = biggest turkey in years (which is too bad since the performance improvements were much appreciated)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    This is still a problem in 2020. It basically makes splitting a crop view completely useless because you can't label them correctly. I've been having to make arrows and text separate objects. I hate doing it, I know its going to bite me in the butt down the road when one gets deleted/moved and the other doesn't... but it works, for now... Anyone have a better work around? Only other thing I have thought of is putting the text in paper space... Sounds like a recipe for big mistakes.

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X