Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDF export where you can move families in the PDF

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    PDF export where you can move families in the PDF

    This is probably a stretch... but we've been doing furniture planning in Revit. I have filters applied to color code which furniture is being moved vs. discarded. First, I'd like to make a PDF from Revit where each furniture family can be moved around in the PDF after-the-fact. Even better if I can toggle the color the furniture in the PDF, too.

    #2
    Can i ask why you want to do this in pdf? Is it so you dont have to replot from revit?
    IMO having two sets of data will cause headaches. Better off sticking to mark ups in pdf and making changes from the model.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by elton williams View Post
      Can i ask why you want to do this in pdf? Is it so you dont have to replot from revit?
      IMO having two sets of data will cause headaches. Better off sticking to mark ups in pdf and making changes from the model.
      Because I'm passing the torch onto a non-Revit user.

      Comment


        #4
        Dont know if you can add (transparent background) images to pdfs?
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

        Comment


          #5
          You can do some of that type of task in Bluebeam
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

          CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

          Comment


            #6
            Yes, they have a "Dynamic Tool Set Scaler" in Bluebeam that makes components which will automatically resize in different scaled viewports
            How Can I Get My Markups to Adjust to the Scale of a Drawing? – Bluebeam Support
            I'm looking for a way to automatically make individual markups for each family in the furniture category. It seems like it would be also possible to publish changed made in the PDF back to the model; Fuzor has already accomplished this in 3D.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by cbaze View Post
              This is probably a stretch... but we've been doing furniture planning in Revit. I have filters applied to color code which furniture is being moved vs. discarded. First, I'd like to make a PDF from Revit where each furniture family can be moved around in the PDF after-the-fact. Even better if I can toggle the color the furniture in the PDF, too.
              Have you considered flux.io - revit out to autocad, autocad update locations back to revit.

              Or as previously noted Fuzor




              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Mengelmn View Post
                Have you considered flux.io - revit out to autocad, autocad update locations back to revit.

                Or as previously noted Fuzor




                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                The endpoint needs to be a PDF; the end user doesn't have any Autodesk software.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Photoshop opens pdfs and uses layers, including transparent background images.
                  There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Print the building PDF without the furniture. Print the furniture a separate PDFs. Insert the pieces as "stamps" in the base PDF. The end user can scale, rotate or move the pieces.

                    stamps.PNG

                    Comment

                    Loading...
                    Working...
                    X