Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revit 2012 ini

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Revit 2012 ini

    Back in the day I was able to go in and change my INI and the next time I launched Revit the actions would take place.

    Now when I go in to the 2012 INI file and change a path to something new, then open revit, the path is exactly the same as it was before...where is this pulling from in 12?

    #2
    Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
    Back in the day I was able to go in and change my INI and the next time I launched Revit the actions would take place.

    Now when I go in to the 2012 INI file and change a path to something new, then open revit, the path is exactly the same as it was before...where is this pulling from in 12?
    Its still pulling from the ini, but the ini is now in each users "User" directory on the machine, instead of in the Program directory. The INI file is written on first launch by an XML file thats stashed in the Program Files somewhere.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

    Comment


      #3
      Yep. In W7, I found mine here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\REVIT\A utodesk Revit Architecture 2012

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by jsnyder View Post
        Yep. In W7, I found mine here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\REVIT\A utodesk Revit Architecture 2012
        when I edit my revit.ini file in that location (setting HelpBrowser=0) it trashes my file locations and other options. It's like I'm starting RAC 2012 for the first time every time I make this change. And, I have to continually make this change because Revit for some reason is changing HelpBrowser=1 by itself. Grrr
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

        Comment


          #5
          Well,
          I was gonna do a little write up on the new "features" in 2012 related to this spontaneous INI replacement whooie, only to discover that a "standard" install, as compared to an install via making a "deployment", acts differently. In a number of areas! WTF Autodesk? A little consistency maybe? In any case, I am trying to nail down all the differences and will revise my little write up appropriately, to post here as well as send it to the appropriate parties at Autodesk.
          I think my mini vacation is over, so nose to the grind stone on a few outstanding projects like this.

          Gordon
          Pragmatic Praxis

          Comment


            #6
            It looks as though to me that through deployment the INI in UserCache is created. Then apon launch of the program the first time by a user, copies that INI into their newly created user folder on the C. This is then the INI pulled at launch of Revit.

            So changing the INI in UserCache I think should only affect user on a computer launching Revit for the first time on that computer, where as users who have already launched will be pulling their already copied INI in Users/Username

            Comment


              #7
              So I still can not seem to figure this out and everything I read is for the time of the deployment. I am trying to take my library folders (the files on the left side of the open/save dialogue) and point them to a network drive rather than the C:. I re-write the ini in UserDataChache and in the grantd user roaming file and yet when I launch Revit it still points to C: even though both INI files have it going to the I drive.

              I know that I can change the INI in user by changing the GUID key but I rather just copy and paste it for now untill I figure this all out...

              Why will my folder paths not change when I change the INI?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
                It looks as though to me that through deployment the INI in UserCache is created. Then apon launch of the program the first time by a user, copies that INI into their newly created user folder on the C. This is then the INI pulled at launch of Revit.

                So changing the INI in UserCache I think should only affect user on a computer launching Revit for the first time on that computer, where as users who have already launched will be pulling their already copied INI in Users/Username
                So just a good thing to know with the INI...don't have random returns or those things may not register...such as this...

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X