Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stepped Footings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Stepped Footings

    Someone had to start this topic.
    This question comes up all the time "stepped footings". This is a workaround.
    I am no expert when it comes to adaptive components, far from it, but even I got this to work.

    http://dorevit.blogspot.com/2010/04/...ions-with.html

    Munkholm is that 2 boxes of cookies for starting last topic. All this forum is doing for me is making me fat !!!!!:laugh:
    Last edited by mark b; December 16, 2010, 06:08 AM.
    Mark Balsom

    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

    #2
    That is awesome. I am going to use it on the project i am working on right now.

    Cheers :beer:
    -Alex Cunningham

    Comment


      #3
      If anybody is interested in more information about this topic, the following class from AU 2010 talks about it:

      Class AB223-1
      Parametrics Laid Bare: Panels and Adaptive Components in Autodesk® Revit® 2010 Autodesk Revit Architecture
      by Robert Manna

      http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class_listing
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by mark b View Post
        Someone had to start this topic.
        This question comes up all the time "stepped footings". This is a workaround.
        I am no expert when it comes to adaptive components, far from it, but even I got this to work.

        http://dorevit.blogspot.com/2010/04/...ions-with.html

        Munkholm is that 2 boxes of cookies for starting last topic. All this forum is doing for me is making me fat !!!!!:laugh:
        This approach can be used with out the need of the Mass Family wrapper. I create a line based generic model and change the category to Foundation. Then use the exposed edge if the wall to draw the line. I will try to post the family soon. I currently trying out themobile access.
        Erik Snell, P.E.
        Factory Worker (Principal User Experience Designer)
        I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

        Comment


          #5
          The Revit Kid just launched this Video:

          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by TheViking View Post
            I will try to post the family soon.
            The file is only 4.5 MB, but I cannot load it to the site. Any ideas?
            Erik Snell, P.E.
            Factory Worker (Principal User Experience Designer)
            I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

            Comment


              #7
              Erik, there´s a 2 mb upload limit for .rvt and .rfa files...

              Could you upload to dropbox instead ? (If not, email it to me, and I´ll trow it up on a FTP site for you)
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

              Comment


                #8
                Here is a Revit file with the family included. Please keep in mind I just put this together quickly. I'm sure you guys could make this much better then me

                Stepped Footing.rvt
                Erik Snell, P.E.
                Factory Worker (Principal User Experience Designer)
                I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by TheViking View Post
                  Here is a Revit file with the family included. Please keep in mind I just put this together quickly. I'm sure you guys could make this much better then me

                  [ATTACH]544[/ATTACH]
                  Is it just me or does the attached file not download properly, I have had this problem for quite a few uploaded files. It may just be my browser, but the downloaded file is only 120kb
                  Revit BLOGGAGE

                  http://www.revic.org.au

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ben-May View Post
                    Is it just me or does the attached file not download properly, I have had this problem for quite a few uploaded files. It may just be my browser, but the downloaded file is only 120kb
                    I think it's you, works perfect for me. Haven't got the time to actually look at the family but it downloads and opens just fine.

                    EDIT: I use Google Chrome...
                    Last edited by mdradvies; January 25, 2011, 08:12 AM.
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X